NO Problems on Offense IF..............

I am actually very pleased with the way Nix has handled things this year..................it's the best off season we've had in a very long time. Every move has been calculated and designed to fill a need. One of the best moves the Bills have made that nobody talks about is putting wannstedt in charge of the defense. His 4-3 alignment will greatly simply things for the players and allow them to play faster and more instinctively. He will be much more respected by the players than his predecessor was. my point to you is not that i don't think the Bills are doing all the right things. No, my point to you is that they can't stop and think they are set. They still need to look to get better.............and i've outlined the four positions where I think they need to find some better players.

Let me also say that I am a very big Bills fan (I grew up in Buffalo and still have family living in Buffalo). I have been a contributor to this board more than most of you (well before this board started keeping track of the no. of posts). I was here back in the day when guys like the Kid (big Pats fan who invaded our site), Neeraj, and Hogboy ruled this board. I've written articles for Shout! (a former Bills magazine) as well as sporadic pieces for this website. There is nobodyon this earth who wants to see the Bills win more than I do. I just get sick and tired of losing to the Patriots year after year. At some point, somebody in the Bills' front office has to wake up and see what's going on.

Whether you realize it or not the reason the Pats have been so good for so long is that Belichick finds a way to bring in veteran players (guys that are proven NFL players, not hopefuls) to be good role players. He could never do it without Brady for sure and without his own stellar defensive system/play calling and game management skills (his 50+ years in the business doesn't hurt either). Every year without fail he will bring in veteran players who will essentially outplay other teams' rookies or first year players.

There will be no rookies blocking for Brady.

I'm not saying that the Bills need to copy what the Pats do, but they do need to be continuously on the look out for better players to add to their roster and sign them when they're available.

Outlandish Statement #2

"There will be no rookies blocking for Brady this year."

Now, I would like you to advert your attention to the above table which shows that over the years, the Patriots have had six lineman start more than 8 games their rookie year. Furthermore, guess what happened during two of those years in which the Patriots started a rookie....no ideas? They won the Super Bowl!! I know, this must all seem crazy to you, but just take some time, think it over and it will come to you. Finally, this all ties into what others have said, and that is the Patriots are attempting to hold onto dynasty where as the Bills are trying to build one. Heck, just look at the Patriots current starting offensive line, as almost every player expect Brian Waters started for the Patriots during his rookie year.

Thanks DaBills for putting all of that together. I started doing some research on the Pats OTs last night, and decided to just go to bed as there were so many examples proving the OP wrong.

I specifically wanted to point out that Matt Light, Vollmer, and Solder all saw extensive starting time their rookie seasons. With Light and Volmer having draft positions later than Cordy Glenn.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images