Madden

gantrules

I haven't heard much discussion about it since it came on the market.

Are you guys who have it still playing it or did you get sick of it.

Personally, I have only played online. I monkeyed around with the franchise a little bit but got bored.

Bought NFL 2k5.

Traded it in 2 weeks later for Madden (well, $10 off of madden)

Sold Madden on ebay a week later.

Went and bought a used copy of NFL 2k5 two days ago.

The thing that made me convert back was simple gameplay. In NFL2k5, if you take bledsoe out of the pocket, and attempt a long throw off his back foot, it will be a terrible pass. In madden, its still a froze rope. I just couldnt stnad that.

Also, 05 was barely a step up from 04. Some of the commentating sound bites were the EXACT same... weak effort by EA.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
does NFL 2K5 have online capabilities?????

13451[/snapback]

YES.

The commentary by the fake ESPN guys gets tiresome FAST, BUT the passing system is VERY advanced, and the running game is not as good as Madden, BUT it is more challenging! I was VERY impressed, after initially hating the difficult gameplay. When you get used to it, it is AWESOME. I made MINCEMEAT of the celebrity teams... DAMN YOU, ELECTRASHOCKS! YOU LOST! YEAH! <_<

I've played both Madden and NFL2k5, and I must say I love Madden a lot more.

The new franchise features are pretty cool, the defensive gameplay is a step up, and unlike stevestojan, if I throw off my back foot, most of the time its either intercepted or incomplete. The defenses in madden are excellent, and so is the running game.

I've played both Madden and NFL2k5, and I must say I love Madden a lot more.

The new franchise features are pretty cool, the defensive gameplay is a step up, and unlike stevestojan, if I throw off my back foot, most of the time its either intercepted or incomplete.  The defenses in madden are excellent, and so is the running game.

13474[/snapback]

I agree with you. First off, if you are not playing in All-Madden mode you are not really playing the game! You have to control the WR's and DB's in order to really do anything. The pass assist is almost gone. The running game is much harder/realistic. It makes the game much more challanging.

Also, if you think they computer is helping too much, you go to the AI settings and make them exactly how you want them. Everything is configurable on Madden. The everyday gamer who plays wants things to be a lot easier, so that is how the default settings are set. If you don't like em...change em!

I baught NFL2k and played it for a month, and although it looks great, I think it is not all that fun to play.

I baught Madden, and like it. I will say though, other than some bells and whistles, it is not much different than last years game. Some cool new features, but the game play (and playbooks) are identical. The only new addition that I use is the defensive playmaker feature, and the big hit. Overall a good game, but a little disappointing.

One small complaint, and let me ask other Madden fans: How on earth do you kick in this game?

I am not a hard core gamer, but I have practiced kicking punts and field goals to no avail. I just cannot figure out how to kick strait. All of my punts seem to go about 15 yards, out of bounds, and likewise the kick-offs. I can only make about half of my extra points. I have never had so much trouble nailing down the kicking game.

-buftex