Anyone Else Think It's 5th Seed or Out

ubhockey

If the Bills make the playoffs, I see them going to San Diego as the 5th Seed and here's why:

If the Jets lose in St. Louis: Indy will definitely play their asses off and beat the Broncos because doing so would have them avoiding the Bills in the first round.

If the Jets win in St. Louis: I think Indy mails it in and we are out.

If we are to go to San Diego, I very confident Buffalo would win moving us up against the Steelers which honestly I don't fear that much. I think we can beat them because their running game makes that team. But Bettis can run all over Sam and Pat. Big Ben would be forced to throw more and being a rookie, he will crack.

If we can pull that off it's off to Indy or NE for the AFC Championship. That would be GREAT! I know I'm dreaming right now, but I think we got a great shot if we get in!

I doubt the Colts "mail in the game" no matter who wins that Rams-Jets game. I'm sure they're confident they can beat anyone anywhere. I think that having momentum going into the playoffs is important to them, because I've heard them talk about it A LOT, and because not having it has bitten Manning, Dungy, and the Broncos in the ass in the past.

I sort of agree with your "5th seed or out" premise. However, I'm not so sure SD is a much better matchup than Indy. The Chargers have been underestimated by everyone including Vegas all year (and won me a lot of $). If that game was played in SD last week the Chargers win.

Plus, I think the Bills personnel-wise are very similar to Jacksonville (2 mammoth DT's, no dominant pass-rusher, smashmouth offense, pocket QB) and the Jags matched up well w/ the Colts this year; not so well with the Bolts.

If the Jets lose in St Louis and we win and the Broncos beat the colts we would play INDY??? If we get the 5th seed we play SD who is the 4th . Indy and SD are locked into their seeds?

185504[/snapback]

Yes, because Indy is the 3rd seed. The scenario you painted there puts Denver as the #5 and Buffalo as the #6. Denver wins the tiebreaker based on conference record.

The only way Buffalo gets the #5 seed is if the Bills win, along with the Jets AND Broncos losing.

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. i billieve we will be at Pittsburgh and then whether we get in and who we play will be determined by the actions of others.

However, if we then get in we will be on a roll of 7 wins in a row and will be able to beat anyone, anywhere, at any time and because of our low seed we will have to do just that.

If and when we get in predicting the results of any match-up will be determined much more by the physical condition of the players and whether any back-ups are able to step up for a slowed or knocked out player than the seeding that it is far from a concern at this point in my view.

If the Bills make the playoffs, I see them going to San Diego as the 5th Seed and here's why:

If the Jets lose in St. Louis: Indy will definitely play their asses off and beat the Broncos because doing so would have them avoiding the Bills in the first round.

185342[/snapback]

To be the best you have to beat the best. If Indy starts planning on who they can avoid in the playoffs, they might as well stay home and forfeit the game.