Fantasy Championship

KD in CA

Ok, I need some expert opinions. This is a week 17 championship leauge, so it's a little dicey. The other guy has a better team, but he may get hurt if Brady and Tomlinson get pulled early.

So....who would you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR?

QB:

Hassleback v. ATL

Harrington v. TN

(This would be a no brainer, but Hassleback is still hurting, who knows if he will play or how effective he'll be)

RB:

L. Johnson v. SD

K. Jones v. TN

J. Jones v. NYG

WR:

M. Muhammad v. NO

E. Moulds v. PIT

A. Johnson v. CLE

I would go with:

QB:

Joey Harrington (has played well the last few weeks, the game means little to either team, Tennessees defense is horrid this year...)

RB's:

Larry Johnson (has been awesome the last 3 weeks, two teams playing for little, Vermeil is likely to let LJ run a lot, as a gesture of good will toward Johnson, to let him know that he is a big part of the Chiefs future)

Julius Jones (your other Jones is probably a decent play too, but, again in a "meaningless" game between two division rivals, Parcells wants to win against his old team. Running the ball, against a very mediocre Giants defense, is his best bet, no matter who is handing the ball off to him)

WR's:

Mushin Mohammed: He, and Delhome, are "in the zone" right now, and the Saints are not the team that will knock them out of there. Their pass defense is awful. The Panthers, like the Bills, are a hot team right now. What is making them hot is their passing game.

Andre Johnson: Again, a tough call. I like Moulds, but the Pittsbugh defense is pretty stout. Bledsoe, while playing steady the last half of the season, is not likely to put up big numbers this weekend. The Texans, on the other hand, have an erratic offense, but they play much better at home. Clevland is going to be the classic "run for the bus" team this weekend, Andre Johnson and David Carr should put up some numbers. I think he is likely to catch at least one TD, and close to 100 yards.

I am in the same boat as you, in a championship game in week 17. I even have some of the same players (Mohammed, Julius Jones) and have been thinking of picking up Joey Harrington for this weekend. My two QB's (Favre and Brees) are likely to sit a fair amount of this weekends games.

Good luck!

Ok, so I went with Hassleback, after deciding that an average Hassleback with something to play for was better than Harrington under any circumstance: good choice.

On WR, Mushi was big again and Andre Johnson was a bust as he's been the whole second half of the year.

For RB, I finally decided on K. Jones and L. Johnson. I ALMOST benched Johnson in favor of Julius tonight. Glad I didn't since LJ found the end zone twice late in the game.

After training big early, the late games (plus the Bills D and Pittsburgh's kicker :doh: ) brought me from behind and gave me a 115-100 win for the championship!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.