Who will the Bills sign next??

Nix is on a mission to improve the team this year. After the V. Young signing I think the Bills have quality starters and or good depth at QB/RB/FB/OT/OC/OG/DE/DT/CB/SS/FS/K/P/LS. Where they could still use some veteran help is at WR and at LB. These are the two positions I'd like to see them seek to fill next with a veteran player.

The Bills are at 89 of their allowed off-season roster of 90. I expect to see a couple of quiet cuts, and a couple of guys from the undrafted/unsigned FA rookie minicamp brought in.

I could be wrong, of course, and they could bring in someone big and cut a veteran or two.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them do something like cut D. Edwards (since we're incredibly strong at DL right now) and spreading that savings around to someone like Shiancoe at TE, Burress at WR and/or Farrior at LB (strictly for leadership and depth at this point), but I agree that that's not likely. In fact, I suspect that from a budget perspective the Bills already plan on seeing how guys like Edwards and Kelsay in camp with the idea that at least one of those two (and their salary) will for sure be gone before the opener....

Its tough because on one hand, we are a borderline playoff team, and need a few more peices.

On the flip side, we have a young nucleus that needs a chance to grow.

Sims-Walker, and others, would be an improvement THIS YEAR, but may stunt the growth of Graham, Jones, Easley, Nelson, Roosevelt, etc.

The better solution IMO, is to stick with the guys we have. Let this year play out. Resign Wood-Levitre-Byrd and figure out if we really need another WR (or heaven forbid, a QB). Go into next offseason with maybe only a couple holes which we can address in FA and .... SUPER BOWL (okay..had to type it...this is the first time in about 12 years where i thought we might actually be going in the right direction)

I share your mind set. In summary we should stick with the young guys, but IMO we do need another TE. Either B. Scaife/V. Shiancoe would be good additions at the right price.

Definitely no on Porter. Besides the locker room problems he would likely create, we already have Merriman who is a similar type of player.