Seeing is bill-ieving - reality check

SJ,

Spillers Stats from the games that he started.

Att/Yards/TD

Week 12 Jets - 19/55/0

Week 13 Titans- 14/83/1 (Had a good game, but Gailey forgot to run him in the 2nd half in spite of the 1st half success)

Week 14 San Diego 12/46/0

Week 15 Miami 12/91/1

Week 16 Denver 16/111/1

Week 17 Pats 13/60/0

In 6 starts, he went over 100 yards in 1 game and scored TDs in 3 of the 6 games. In three games he averaged under 4 YPC. I see an average performance over that period of time and a potential to improve. The biggest problem I saw last season (Watched all the games live on TV) was the Coaches not trusting Spiller with the ball and putting it in the hands of Fitzpatrick in spite of his Rib injury. Can Spiller over come that and gain the trust of his coaches to execute the game plan.

Spiller was incredible in the Oakland game too… even though he had only 5 touches.

Anyways, I'm not really talking stats… I'm talking about what Spiller actually looked like when he touched the ball.

One of the biggest errors Gailey made last year was that after anointing Spiller the starter for no good reason in 2010, he suddenly decided to ignore him in 2011… until he overburdened Freddy to the point of injury.

It's very arguable that the Bills would have won a few more games had Gailey utilized Spiller more and not driven Freddy into the ground, IMO.

It's all moot anyways as an 8-8 record would have simply made our draft position poorer while still missing the playoffs. But as I've said before as much as I like him, Gailey has some proving to do in my eyes.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic