Bills team vs Pitt Team????

crackur

I just don't think I can respect those who say we had an easy schedule I mean we did beyond what we needed to do to beat these teams.........we DOMINATED them

so why are the STEELERS getting so much praise? it is the 14-1? because I mean if we had to contest every win then look

2004 Schedule

Sep 12 Oakland Won 24-21

Sep 19 @Baltimore Lost 13-30

Sep 26 @Miami Won 13-3

Oct 3 Cincinnati Won 28-17

Oct 10 Cleveland Won 34-23

Oct 17 @Dallas Won 24-20

Week 7 BYE

Oct 31 New England Won 34-20

Nov 7 Philadelphia Won 27-3

Nov 14 @Cleveland Won 24-10

Nov 21 @Cincinnati Won 19-14

Nov 28 Washington Won 16-7

Dec 5 @Jacksonville Won 17-16

Dec 12 N.Y. Jets Won 17-6

Dec 18 @N.Y. Giants Won 33-30

Dec 26 Baltimore Won 20-7

Jan 2 @Buffalo 1:00pm

With this new momentum bills teams.........our margain of victory against the same teams in while on our win streak.......is easily better

I

just don't think I can respect those who say we had an easy schedule I mean we did beyond what we needed to do to beat these teams.........we DOMINATED them

so why are the STEELERS getting so much praise? it is the 14-1? because I mean if we had to contest every win then look

They're definitley beatable even at full strength. Big Ben will be exposed in the playoffs.

That may be because you play a different "style" of football.

steelers run the ball down your throat eat up the clock and let the defense do their job. 14-1 is 14-1 no matter HOW you look at it.

So you throw more TD's. You win by 7 or you win by 27. Who cares.

I know you can only play who you play, but the teams you played earlier this season you could've beaten... Why didn't you?

steelers run the ball down your throat eat up the clock and let the defense do their job.  14-1 is 14-1 no matter HOW you look at it.

So you throw more TD's.  You win by 7 or you win by 27.  Who cares.

I know you can only play who you play, but the teams you played earlier this season you could've beaten... Why didn't you?

183998[/snapback]

they should have.......there is no arguing that......but I'm glad they aren't the same team as they were................I mean go ask bill cowher.........he even knows we will hurt your players....

we already injured like 5 qbs this year

To be fair - it's because the Steelers dominated the Pats and the Eagles. I know we can only play the teams on our schedule but when we played the Pats (the last elite team on our schedule until now) - we got annihilated. People may like to say we are a totally different team now but remember, before that game, we had demolished Arizona and beat the Jets soundly. So I agree we are improved from the team that barely lost to the Jags in the beginning of the year. But we can't say beating up on bad teams proves we are now an elite team. I hope we are getting there but just pointing out common teams that the Steelers struggled against proves nothing. In fact, New England struggled against Arizona, we killed Arizona and then the Pats killed us. So it doesn't really prove anything until we play an elite team full strength. Which we will hopefully have the chance to do in the playoffs.

I

They're definitley beatable even at full strength. Big Ben will be exposed in the playoffs.

183992[/snapback]

Here let me add to this what I have heard all season...

First. Parcells will throw everything at him and he will crumble... WRONG

Oh, Bellichek will figure out how to rattle him... WRONG

Andy Reid... Now ANDY Reid will shut him down... Wrong again Keebler

Oh, Washington has the #1 Pass defense He will lose there... Guess again

Jax will do him in. It is thier playoff game! Win again...

The Jets have the least points scored against them all year. THEY will shut him down... Nope.

Baltimore is playing for their playoff lives. Ben will be lucky to make it out alive... Well, except for the cheap shot. He wins again...

But you keep on stating what you think... ;)

steelers run the ball down your throat eat up the clock and let the defense do their job.  14-1 is 14-1 no matter HOW you look at it.

183998[/snapback]

How long did it take you to learn your job? And once you did what happened? The Bills were putting it together early in the season. Now they're ready! Look out Pally!

why are the STEELERS getting so much praise?

183983[/snapback]

the answer lies in your own post...

Oct 3 Cincinnati     Won 28-17

Oct 31New England Won 34-20

Nov 7 Philadelphia Won 27-3

Nov 28 Washington Won 16-7

Dec 5 @Jacksonville Won 17-16

Dec 12 N.Y. Jets Won 17-6

Dec 26 Baltimore Won 20-7

183983[/snapback]

Most the teams listed here were playoff contenders (Redskins weren't, but were a great D). NE and Philly were considered the best in the league, surefire Super Bowl teams. The Steelers smacked 'em both. I think we can beat them, but it's foolish to think the Steelers aren't worthy of praise.

183998[/snapback]

Well, 2 mistakes lost 2 games.

Leftwich heaves a 4th down, waning moments pass and the db decided to try for a pick instead of the easy knock-down.

And Bill's staff fail to contest a call of no-TD against the Raiders - there would have been a reversal.

"What if's", yes - but that would have made them 11 and 4.

I

183992[/snapback]

That's the thing. Who cares if Ben is exposed. The important thing to realize is that Ben isn't the reason the team is winning! The Steelers as a TEAM are winning, Ben or not.

You can rattle Ben and still get beat by the Steelers.

It also bothers me that Pittsburgh fans are acting like Ben is the second coming. Well, he's not. He's a very good QB on a very good team with a great defense.

It also bothers me that Pittsburgh fans are acting like Ben is the second coming. Well, he's not. He's a very good QB on a very good team with a great defense.

184030[/snapback]

With this I wholeheartedly agree. I particularly am amused by that image of him touching the hand of God.

Yeah. Okay. People...get over yourselves. He's a very, very good manageable quarterback. But if you want to touch the hand of God, you have to get in line behind Kelly.

That's the thing. Who cares if Ben is exposed. The important thing to realize is that Ben isn't the reason the team is winning! The Steelers as a TEAM are winning, Ben or not.

You can rattle Ben and still get beat by the Steelers.

184030[/snapback]

You are right. He is not the second coming. He is what he is. A winning QB in HIS 1ST YEAR! You don't see any potential? How is your 1st rd QB doing? Breaking any records? Want me to list the ones that Ben has broken as a rookie? Please...

You are right.  He is not the second coming.  He is what he is.  A winning QB in HIS 1ST YEAR!  You don't see any potential?  How is your 1st rd QB doing? Breaking any records?  Want me to list the ones that Ben has broken as a rookie?  Please...

184036[/snapback]

oh, c'mon now, to rag on a guy when he hasn't even played isn't fair. JP could be the second coming of Terry Bradshaw for all you know.

Also, what's the word on Plexico. Are they going to resign the guy or what. Sure would look nice in a Bills uni wouldn't he?

You are right.  He is not the second coming.  He is what he is.  A winning QB in HIS 1ST YEAR!  You don't see any potential?  How is your 1st rd QB doing? Breaking any records?  Want me to list the ones that Ben has broken as a rookie?  Please...

184036[/snapback]

calm down little one.......lol :(;)

184036[/snapback]

Jeez, we should have a dumbass test before we let opposing team's fans in here. I have a feeling you wouldn't have made the cut.

Hey Mr. Mensa - I was complimenting your TEAM, not trashing your QB!

184036[/snapback]

Good thing PIT was 6 - 10 last year, eh? If you would have played a stronger schedule, Roethleisburger would have been a Bill..;)

Sorry Todd didn't mean to get all uncool and heavy on you. You were just one of many quotes about Ben that hits a sore spot.

I think we will do everything we can to sign Plax. I would think that would mean we would have to let Bell go, but he has been injured so often if I had to pick. I would definetly choose Plax. Bell is one hell of a punisher when he is healthy, but the WHEN is the big question mark.

If we don't you will have quite a bidding war with the Ratbirds I'm afraid...