Chris Hairston

97 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hairston a good enough starter?

I voted yes because he was a rookie and the lockout, etc. last year. I don't remember seeing him get beat all the time and letting the end get to Fitz so just based on that, I would let him start but I'm also a teen so what do I know :P

But it would be nice to grab a 2nd/3rd round LT and have Hairston hold down the fort while the rookie gets situated and adapted to the NFL.

Think need to clarify what mean by start. Is he starting caliber period, or at left tackle. Think he is very well suited to be a long term starter at right tackle, but think of him more of a swing tackle, in that can play on left side in a pinch, but isnt his best position and probably dont want him starting there long term.

I would say no, if mean just LT, and yes if RT is included in this discussion. I didnt answer cause not sure which mean.

He's got the opportunity to improve. Who knows if he can actually take a step forward. We've seen plenty of guys who have showed a little something, but have been unable to do more in subsequent years. See Ko "I'm worth Millions" Simpson.

DBell was one who started out pretty rough but was able to consistently get better. He's the exception.

I don't have a lot of faith in Hairston.

Hairston played in Games 1-6 and fared pretty well. ProFootballFocus premium stats gave him positive grades in 4 of those 6 games. Fitz was unhurt and the team had a winning record.

Hairston returned to the lineup in Games 11-17. There was a new O-Line every week. Musical Chairs Time. Hairston was one of the victims. Only 2 of the 7 games (Game 11 and 12 vs. Miami and the Jets) received positive grades from PFF.

But Hairston has the size and wingspan. He needs minicamps and training camp, preseason and CONSISTENCY on that offensive line. This is on D'Alessandris to have a defined set of starters, and on our training staff to have them ready physically for the demands of the whole season.

I am comparing his Combine numbers alone vs this years rookies.

His 40 time is horrible, but if he's going forward we are winning, I never understood forty times with the Oline, I guess it shows he can get the line of scrimmage fast?

5.43 Jonathan Martin was 5.35

Bench Press, 33, better than any OT at the combine

Vert Jump 29" would be 5th best at Combine among OT

Broad 96" bottom tier, but not the worse

3 cone -7.9 seconds better than Mike Adams and Cordy Glen

4.7- 20 yard shuttle better than Reiff, Bobby Massie, Mike Adams and .05 away from Matt Kalil.

I think he'll be fine, he played against some of the best at Clemson, beyond those you know in the ACC, he practiced against Bowers, Sapp, Branch and Malliciah Goodman.

I am comparing his Combine numbers alone vs this years rookies.

His 40 time is horrible, but if he's going forward we are winning, I never understood forty times with the Oline, I guess it shows he can get the line of scrimmage fast?

5.43 Jonathan Martin was 5.35

Bench Press, 33, better than any OT at the combine

Vert Jump 29" would be 5th best at Combine among OT

Broad 96" bottom tier, but not the worse

3 cone -7.9 seconds better than Mike Adams and Cordy Glen

4.7- 20 yard shuttle better than Reiff, Bobby Massie, Mike Adams and .05 away from Matt Kalil.

I think he'll be fine, he played against some of the best at Clemson, beyond those you know in the ACC, he practiced against Bowers, Sapp, Branch and Malliciah Goodman.

Sounds like if he was in this years draft everybody would be yelling for Hairston at #10 .Go figure....