merlefest

birdog1960

line uo...as a public service to those in and around north carolina. unfortunately i can't make it this year but i'd especially like to see susan tedeschi. someone here turned me on to her in "lesser known female vocalists" thread. bet she puts on a great show.i Edited by birdog1960

line uo...as a public service to those in and around north carolina. unfortunately i can't make it this year but i'd especially like to see susan tedeschi. someone here turned me on to her in "lesser known female vocalists" thread. bet she puts on a great show.i

One of these years I will go!

She's awesome...and pretty damned hot!

line uo...as a public service to those in and around north carolina. unfortunately i can't make it this year but i'd especially like to see susan tedeschi. someone here turned me on to her in "lesser known female vocalists" thread. bet she puts on a great show.i

donna the buffalo is awesome!!!!

I like the name of some of the acts: "blind boy chocolate & the milk sheiks", "assembly of dust", "donna the buffalo." :lol:

i just looked at the line-up...holy crap....i'd go into a music coma with all that great music...Bela Fleck, Steep Canyon Rangers, Enter the Haggis, Alison Krause....YIKES!!!

donna the buffalo is awesome!!!!

i just looked at the line-up...holy crap....i'd go into a music coma with all that great music...Bela Fleck, Steep Canyon Rangers, Enter the Haggis, Alison Krause....YIKES!!!

yup. got the t shirt :flirt: don't think i qualify as one of the herd though.

the best thing about these festivals is obviously the music. but the laid back, outdoors atmosphere is a close second. with so many bands it's quite likely you'll be listening to someone like bella fleck while listening next to someone like doc watson.. very cool vibe!

a similar, but less expensive festival in the fall just announced its line up. i've linked to this before and haven't missed one yet. still lots of time to plan a road trip.