Curtis Lofton?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but why aren't we trying to go after this guy a little bit. I dont think anyone can argue that LB is at least a little bit of a need for us, and this guy is a STUD PLAYER entering the prime of his career. Just like everyone else I am SOOOOO excited about the Mario signing, but how come no other moves? Even one or two would be nice before the draft. I would love to see this guy in Buffalo. This would be a HUGE upgrade from Poz, let alone the guys we have now. Yes Morrison, Barnett, Sheppard, Moats, are all solid players. I think our Dline and DBs are above average. Add a guy like Lofton I think that would make us above average at all the defensive positions, as well as give us that much needed depth that destroyed us last year. Any thoughts??

The reason why he was not re-signed by the Falcons is two fold.

A.) a lot of money

B.) can not cover well.

Falcons were the worst D in allowing third down conversions. Much of it is thought to fall on Lofton not being able to cover. So in essence you are paying very good money for a two down LB. Unless his expectations fall(and i presume they will), he is going to sit out there.

Why do you guys think he would be so expensive?? He really isnt being regarded as a high priced free agent at all. Plus he played very well for Atlanta last year. Last year was the first year he did anything at all for them. Kind of a late bloomer, but in my opinion the perfect guy that you can get for a fraction of what he is really worth and let him enter his prime as a Bill rather than vice versa. Every scheme is different as well. I think more of the reason that he is expendable for Atlanta is that Weatherspoon is so dominant that they can move him around, and they love Akeem Dent as well. The guy has improved leaps and bounds each year of his career, and he was real close to being a star last season. I would say this is the type of guy we would love to bring in. I dont see him getting 6 million dollars a season at all.