our new draft plan

SRivRoc

call me crazy but i really like our starting o-line even with Hairston at LT. i just think we need some depth which can be added through the draft.

that being said, with the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL draft i think the buffalo bills should select Quinton Coples the DE from UNC. i know the knock on him is work ethic but the kid is a freak. 6'6'' 285 lbs, seems almost like another Mario Williams. how about that d-line? Williams, Dareus, Williams and Coples. i think playing alongside some savy veterans will be a wakeup call to Coples. all the work ethic questions will be thrown away cause the vets on D will push him for greatness.

then when the second round come around we go OLB. i really like Zach Brown another UNC product but i doubt he will fall that far. so ive looked at Ronnell Lewis from Oklahoma. the kid has a ton of raw talent and moves great from sideline to sideline. he also hits like a bus. seems like the perfect compliment to our font 7.

once the third round comes around i say we go for our #2 WR. ive watched a lot on WR Brian Quick from Appalacian State and i see him as a HUGE sleeper in this draft class. a basketball recruit that went to football standing 6'5'' and running a 4.48 forty. i think he fits Buddy's mold of a reciever whos open even when covered.

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

call me crazy but i really like our starting o-line even with Hairston at LT. i just think we need some depth which can be added through the draft.

that being said, with the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL draft i think the buffalo bills should select Quinton Coples the DE from UNC. i know the knock on him is work ethic but the kid is a freak. 6'6'' 285 lbs, seems almost like another Mario Williams. how about that d-line? Williams, Dareus, Williams and Coples. i think playing alongside some savy veterans will be a wakeup call to Coples. all the work ethic questions will be thrown away cause the vets on D will push him for greatness.

then when the second round come around we go OLB. i really like Zach Brown another UNC product but i doubt he will fall that far. so ive looked at Ronnell Lewis from Oklahoma. the kid has a ton of raw talent and moves great from sideline to sideline. he also hits like a bus. seems like the perfect compliment to our font 7.

once the third round comes around i say we go for our #2 WR. ive watched a lot on WR Brian Quick from Appalacian State and i see him as a HUGE sleeper in this draft class. a basketball recruit that went to football standing 6'5'' and running a 4.48 forty. i think he fits Buddy's mold of a reciever whos open even when covered.

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

OK what about a draft like this

Free agency - resign Bell,

Draft Bills trade 10 to Cleveland for 22 and 37, Cleveland takes Tannehill

1. Stephon Gilmore CB

2a. Zach Brown OLB

2b Bruce Irvin OLB/DE

3. Mychal Kendricks LB

4a Jamell Fleming CB

4b. Russell Wilson QB

5a Demario Davis LB

5b Donald Stephenson OT

6 Marvin McNutt WR

7. Frank Alexander DE

Heavy on LBs and CBs (although I could make the case that it could even use more CBs)

Edited by ....lybob

1. Stephon Gilmore CB

2a. Zach Brown OLB

2b Bruce Irvin OLB/DE

3. Mychal Kendricks LB

4a Jamell Fleming CB

4b. Russell Wilson QB

5a Demario Davis LB

5b Donald Stephenson OT

6 Marvin McNutt WR

7. Frank Alexander DE

Heavy on LBs and CBs (although I could make the case that it could even use more CBs)

That sounds like a heck of a lot to give up for 22 and 37. I think #10 is worth much more.

at this point its too early to guess at lower round draft picks. but couples would be a great p/u if he is still there imo. puts pressure on both sides of the line for the offense as well as the middle w kyle and big D. wow... 4 man rush and 7 guys in coverage---what?!

however, a tackle is really needed because we need Fitz to relax in the pocket. unless bell can make the team and the whole season healthy.

That sounds like a heck of a lot to give up for 22 and 37. I think #10 is worth much more.

In other years I'd agree but in my opinion this draft can be thought of in tiers

Tier #1 Luck, RG3, Kali

Tier #2 Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson, Reiff

Tier #3 I won't name them individually but you can guess pretty easy 1QB, 1RB, 3WRs, 2OTs, 2OGs,1C, 4DEs, 4DTs, 2 LBs4-3, 2 LBs 3-4, 3CBs, 1S- all told about 26 players after the top 7

for example I see no consensus on the order of DEs Coples, Ingram, Mercillus, Perry

or DTs Poe, Brockers, Still, Cox

and big boards are all over the place- btw while a #10 may seem to be high to give up, it is slightly in our favor according to the NFL Draft Value Chart #10 = 1,300 for pick 22 =780 and pick 37 = 530 = 1,310

Edited by ....lybob

1. Stephon Gilmore CB

2a. Zach Brown OLB

2b Bruce Irvin OLB/DE

3. Mychal Kendricks LB

4a Jamell Fleming CB

4b. Russell Wilson QB

5a Demario Davis LB

5b Donald Stephenson OT

6 Marvin McNutt WR

7. Frank Alexander DE

I am not a scout, but follow the draft closely. I don't like that draft at all. I think Brown and Irvin would be less

than impactful in this defense. Yes, they are the right size, but Brown has questions about his toughness and Irvin

is a never-was starter in college. He is limited to a situational pass rusher in the NFL (both IMHO).

Mychal Kendricks is a football player and might be available in the 3rd.

I would rather have Reiff, Kuechly, or Irving and one 2nd round pick than Gilmore, Brown and Irvin (and even another pick).