• Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
    • Trumaine Johnson FS Montana
    • Audie Cole SILB North Carolina
    • Ryan Broyles WRS Oklahoma
    • Malik Jackson DE43 Tennessee
    • George Iloka FS Boise State

RD1-Jonathan Martin LT

RD2-Alshon Jeffery WR

Strong draft so far. You now have pass rush and O-line, plus a playmaking WR. Keep it going!

Round 3 will end tomorrow at 4:00pm EST. You're on the Clock.

Astro

I can't believe the way this one is going! But Martin and Jeffery are literally my 1st choices in Rounds 1 and 2...And Chandler Jones would be my 1st choice in Round #3...Jones is going to need some Pro Coaching and Strength Training, but he's a heck of a good athlete with long arms and Pass Rush ability...He's raw, but I think he's got the kind of upside you're looking for in the 3rd Round... And he'll provide nice Depth at DE...

Plus his brother can kick your ass... ;)

We will have to decide if we need a Strongside Inside LB who can really cover sideline to sideline , which Travis Lewis is, or take OLB here.

BTW, Ronnell Lewis is a hitter. YouTube his hits.

I also think Jake Bequette and George Iloka are superb value here. Plus Chandler, as DE quality starts to go south after next round. Trevor Guyton would be the best bet in RD4.

Edited by Astrobot

We will have to decide if we need a Strongside Inside LB who can really cover sideline to sideline , which Travis Lewis is, or take OLB here.

BTW, Ronnell Lewis is a hitter. YouTube his hits.

I also think Jake Bequette and George Iloka are superb value here. Plus Chandler, as DE quality starts to go south after next round. Trevor Guyton would be the best bet in RD4.

Ronnell Lewis? I don't know...He's a bit of a projection as an OLB in a 4-3 and he's too small to play DE...Yes...he's strong, nasty, a good tackler, and a good Run Defender...But he runs almost 4.7...He'll be a MAJOR liability in Pass Coverage...I mean MAJOR!...I just don't see that Kid as a high 3rd Round Pick whatsoever to a 4-3 Team...He'll be a converted College DE/OLB trying to move to OLB in an NFL 4-3...That's an awful tough move for a Rookie and a bit of a projection...I'm not saying he won't be a 3rd Round Pick...But I don't think he's a great fit for the 4-3...

Travis Lewis is a better fit for the 4-3, and was thought to be a potential 1st Round Pick after his 2010 Season...But he ran a SUPER slow 4.88 at the Combine...He was known to play at around 230 lbs, but showed up weighing 246 at Indy...So maybe that's why he ran so slow...He might still be available in the 4th...I would take him there...

Bentley is a decent prospect, but he struggled in man-to-man at Louisiana-Lafayette, I seriously doubt he's going to get better in the NFL any time soon...He could go in the 3rd due to his showing at the Sr Bowl, but I still think he's more of a 4th-5th Rounder...

Bequette is a scrapper and I like his size...But I'd rather take Jones and gamble on his upside...I like DE in the 3rd, then wait to see what is available at CB and LB in the 4th...But who knows how it's actually going to shake out? B-)

Ronnell Lewis? I don't know...He's a bit of a projection as an OLB in a 4-3 and he's too small to play DE...Yes...he's strong, nasty, a good tackler, and a good Run Defender...But he runs almost 4.7...He'll be a MAJOR liability in Pass Coverage...I mean MAJOR!...I just don't see that Kid as a high 3rd Round Pick whatsoever to a 4-3 Team...He'll be a converted College DE/OLB trying to move to OLB in an NFL 4-3...That's an awful tough move for a Rookie and a bit of a projection...I'm not saying he won't be a 3rd Round Pick...But I don't think he's a great fit for the 4-3...

Travis Lewis is a better fit for the 4-3, and was thought to be a potential 1st Round Pick after his 2010 Season...But he ran a SUPER slow 4.88 at the Combine...He was known to play at around 230 lbs, but showed up weighing 246 at Indy...So maybe that's why he ran so slow...He might still be available in the 4th...I would take him there...

Bentley is a decent prospect, but he struggled in man-to-man at Louisiana-Lafayette, I seriously doubt he's going to get better in the NFL any time soon...He could go in the 3rd due to his showing at the Sr Bowl, but I still think he's more of a 4th-5th Rounder...

Bequette is a scrapper and I like his size...But I'd rather take Jones and gamble on his upside...I like DE in the 3rd, then wait to see what is available at CB and LB in the 4th...But who knows how it's actually going to shake out? B-)

youtube.com/watch?v=DS5coCK-qCg

Saw that before Astro...Still don't think he's a 4-3 OLB...And if he is Drafted to be a 4-3 OLB it's gonna take some serious time to convert him...The 3rd Round is too early for positional-projections if you ask me...You want a Kid that can come in and contribute, even if it's just as a back-up...Moving from having your hand on the ground most of the time to playing OLB in an NFL 4-3 is a HUGE projection to make for players who are quicker twitch athletes than Lewis is...I'm telling you, he has no home in this Defense...Kinda like Danny Batten now...Granted he should be a core Special Teamer for anyone that Drafts him...But we'll see...It's not so much about the Player, it's about the fit...I don't like him for The Bills at all in the 3rd...4th or later, maybe we can talk... B-)

Saw that before Astro...Still don't think he's a 4-3 OLB...And if he is Drafted to be a 4-3 OLB it's gonna take some serious time to convert him...The 3rd Round is too early for positional-projections if you ask me...You want a Kid that can come in and contribute, even if it's just as a back-up...Moving from having your hand on the ground most of the time to playing OLB in an NFL 4-3 is a HUGE projection to make for players who are quicker twitch athletes than Lewis is...I'm telling you, he has no home in this Defense...Kinda like Danny Batten now...Granted he should be a core Special Teamer for anyone that Drafts him...But we'll see...It's not so much about the Player, it's about the fit...I don't like him for The Bills at all in the 3rd...4th or later, maybe we can talk... B-)

So you'll gamble on Chandler Jones (another DE) but not Ronnell Lewis at a position of need? OK...Round 3 is closed, and the majority rules. <_<