Why Stephen Hill WILL be the pick at number 10.

mob16151

Anybody who is talking about taking Hill at 10 and who has denounced taking Reiff or Martin at 10 is a hypocrite. You wanna talk about a reach at 10? Hill would be the epitome. Don't get me wrong, the kid might be a stud one day but everyone on this board has repeated the same mantra over and over - the 10th pick in the draft must be able to step in and produce from day one. Number 10 can't be a developmental pick.

Here are some quotes about Hill: "He is a raw receiver with big upside and a high ceiling." " Isn't a real polished route runner because of the scheme. Is asked to typically just run vertical routes where he can track/height point the football. Has been asked to work from the slot, but seemed to round off/drift in and out of his breaks. And isn't real sharp or sudden in that area of the game. Watching his short area quickness and body control for a big guy he looks like he can certainly develop in the three-step game and has the skill set to be able to beat press coverage off the line." "Is going to need some time to develop."

Sounds like a guy you take at the bottom/end of the 1st round. That said, if he's somehow there for us at 41, I'll have wood!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who is talking about taking Hill at 10 and who has denounced taking Reiff or Martin at 10 is a hypocrite. You wanna talk about a reach at 10? Hill would be the epitome. Don't get me wrong, the kid might be a stud one day but everyone on this board has repeated the same mantra over and over - the 10th pick in the draft must be able to step in and produce from day one. Number 10 can't be a developmental pick.

Here are some quotes about Hill: "He is a raw receiver with big upside and a high ceiling." " Isn't a real polished route runner because of the scheme. Is asked to typically just run vertical routes where he can track/height point the football. Has been asked to work from the slot, but seemed to round off/drift in and out of his breaks. And isn't real sharp or sudden in that area of the game. Watching his short area quickness and body control for a big guy he looks like he can certainly develop in the three-step game and has the skill set to be able to beat press coverage off the line." "Is going to need some time to develop."

Sounds like a guy you take at the bottom/end of the 1st round. That said, if he's somehow there for us at 41, I'll have wood!!!

Guys with Hill's measureables come along very rarely. Buddy was at GT's proday. They discussed Hill and Floyd at yesterdays presser and it was said that they think Hill can run the route tree but he wasn't in a system that allowed those talents to be displayed. He is a solid character guy who would seem to fit all of our needs with the exception of experience.

That being said I don't think he will be the pick at #10. Would I be pissed? Not really but we could definitely make a pick with more "certainty". We could go for what we hope is a base hit double or we could swing for the fences. Maybe we fly out. Maybe we knock it out of the park.

As I have said I really want this guy on our team but I think the only way we get him is a trade down in the first to the middle or late teens or we try to jump back into the first using some of our extra picks to move back up.

Hill making it out of the 20's is a fantasy much less the 2nd round. If he won't make it out of the 20's or teens which I think 90% would agree with, is it really a stretch to take him at #10 if the front office has a strong feeling that this is the guy? I doubt it happens but I do feel that it is an option especially if Blackmon and Floyd are gone by #10 and we really want a WR.

Edited by PDaDdy