Pick One

45 members have voted

1. 1. If you could pick only 1 top-notch free agent to sign with Buffalo, who would it be?

• Vincent Jackson
    • Mario WIllaims

So it seems like the 2 "reach" guys for Buffalo are going to be Vincent Jackson and Mario Williams. Taking into account the contract they will demand, which player would you rather have on the Bills roster? Both guys fill a position of need so it really comes down to Offense vs Defense. Who do you think would help the team more?

My vote is for Mario. He'll play a huge role on the defense and transform a weakness into a strength. Jackson would be nice to have, but he has some off the field issues and has been somewhat inconsistent so far in his career.

Potential contracts:

Vincent Jackson: 5 years, $42 Million (24 guaranteed)*

Mario Williams: 6 years, $90 Million ($42 guaranteed)*

*Jackson's contract is projected off of Sidney Rice's from last year, Williams contract is projected off of Julius Peppers from 2 years ago.

Your projected contracts are way low compared to what has been rumored. Vjax has supposedly already reject a deal from SD that offered $11m per yr. Mario is reportedly going to receive an offer around 7yr 105m ($15m per).

I didnt want to argue about the contracts.. I just used some somewhat reasonable comparisons.

Besides.. the Peppers contract i used is exactly 15m per year. I doubt Vjax gets 11m per year. We can agree to disagree on that one.