Draft the line

peanuts

You do realize, of course, that the pass rush is supposed to come from the DEs in a 4-3? How is Poe going to help there?

Of course the pass rush is suppose to come from the Ends, but the quickest way to the QB is a staright line from center. Do you know that Minnesota was able to do it with the william's quite effectively. Merriman could rush the passer also as Paup did in the 90's. Your argument is solid also.

This is such a terrible idea.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/27/dontari-poe-is-a-scary-individual/

Hei s faster than a majority of the DE in this draft..

Of course the pass rush is suppose to come from the Ends, but the quickest way to the QB is a staright line from center. Do you know that Minnesota was able to do it with the william's quite effectively. Merriman could rush the passer also as Paup did in the 90's. Your argument is solid also.

Assuming, of course, that Merriman can revert back to some semblance of his old self. Also, Kyle is not a 4-3 pass-rushing end.

The Bills should strengthen the Defensive line draft Dontari Poe place him next to Dareous and stick Williams & carrington on DE. I know many wont like this move, but it would free up our LB's.

with this d-line it almost seems as if you would have to create a new defensive scheme. four 300+ pounders up front should in theory tie up all of the o-linemen and free up the 'backers to do their thing, but i don't know as if it would produce the most pressure on the qb as it seems you would need at least one d-end to be quick and athletic enough to rush in on the qb. having said that, the pressure up the middle could potentially be devestating.

The Bills should strengthen the Defensive line draft Dontari Poe place him next to Dareous and stick Williams & carrington on DE. I know many wont like this move, but it would free up our LB's.

This not a bad idea, but I would put Marcel D at the end position (what a bull rush)

If we go DT in the 1st, I like Fletcher Cox. Huge fast beast. Tall enough to knock Brady's passes down and fast enough to put more inside pressure. Then maybe a Bruce Irvin in the 2nd or McLellin later on. The Bills will take the BPA.

I know Michael Brockers' draft stock has fallen since his combine performance, but watch the tape on this guy....he is a gamer. Could play either DT or DE in the 4-3 too. Maybe he'll be around in round 2 :thumbsup:

Either way, I somewhat agree with the OP in that we really should add a quality DT in the first 3 rounds. With all the questions surrounding Torell Troup and Kyle Williams, we need to add quality depth to that position.

This is our Haloti Ngata prospect. That we missed out on in the 2006 draft..

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2956

This guy will allow us to draft 2 DE products in the next 2 rds. opposing offenses cannot double team him ,Dareous & Williams if he is healthy. B.J. Raji was instrumental in solidifying the Packers defense. So, they were able to us Hawk & Matthews to attach the QB both players are LB's. So for those posters bashing me in the prior posts try thinking Poe is worthy of a 10 pick you need to believe he would be the next Haloti Ngata.