Ryan Miller

JPS

so true. Last night was one of those performances that even Sharks fans had to grudgingly applaud. If you are a fan of hockey then you admire it no matter what team you root for. Miller delivered the win last night with a highlight reel. If we make the playoffs, he will be the reason.

The bad thing about Miller's game last night is that there's nowhere to go but down from there. I don't think it's even possible to play a better game in goal.

so true. Last night was one of those performances that even Sharks fans had to grudgingly applaud. If you are a fan of hockey then you admire it no matter what team you root for. Miller delivered the win last night with a highlight reel. If we make the playoffs, he will be the reason.

Right after the end of the game while the Sharks were skating off the ice, I saw Boyle (who was by himself) shrug his shoulders and shake his head. I thought it was hilarious.

I thought you were talking about our Goalie when I first read this thread.

*The title.

What a strange coincidence.

How much of that is due to the fact that he is playing in California?

If Noureen DeWulf lived in Buffalo, would Miller perform this well more often?

Miller lived in San Jose for a few years when he was a youth. His father was an engineer for a Silicon Valley firm. The family eventually moved to Michigan but I believe that Miller's first youth hockey game was in San Jose.

His uncles, Kevin and Kip are former NHLers who played for the San Jose Sharks.

Miller always gets the start when the Sabres visit San Jose.

I think his family history is his big motivation when playing the Sharks.