The Movie Hugo

Vetriano

I haven't seen the film yet (Though you can bet I will soon!) but I HAVE read the book "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" and it was one of the best books I ever read. Plus the character playing Hugo played Bruno in "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" another great movie as well (If you can ignore that the Germans have British accents. But apart from that fantastic)

Just watched it and LOVED it...really a great movie in my opinion...just fabulous!

just watched it again. it gets better with age. favorite line: "perfectly formed udders...are they smelly?" the kid actors are fantastic. never cared for sacha whatever but i thought he was very good in this. still trying to forgive him for his mean spiritedness in some of his skits: making fun of very friendly and open, square dancers in one that i saw but they remained kind and made him look the fool. anyway, some redemption for him in this movie.

just watched it again. it gets better with age. favorite line: "perfectly formed udders...are they smelly?" the kid actors are fantastic. never cared for sacha whatever but i thought he was very good in this. still trying to forgive him for his mean spiritedness in some of his skits: making fun of very friendly and open, square dancers in one that i saw but they remained kind and made him look the fool. anyway, some redemption for him in this movie.

Asa Butterfield and Chloe Grace Moretz were both good.

I was glad to see Moretz in a more "normal" role, instead of seeing her as an assassin(Kick-Ass) or a vampire(Let Me In). She is very talented and has a bright future.

This was the first time I saw Butterfield and I was very impressed by him. He was given the lead role in the now filming "Ender's Game" and I look forward to seeing him in future projects.

I wonder what Clippers thought of "The Shawshank Redemption"....

Maybe it would've been better had Red turned into a Transformer at the end.

ha ha ha ha ha. nice. but actually I would want red to be a naked girl who turns into gollum ("my precious") and starts kicking ass with his tongue.

this whole thread is like wtf to me. i asked my wife how long did i doze off. she said only 20 minutes.

i really did like when he had that dream where he dreamt he was a robot. the special effects behind it were cool. i really would have PREFERRED him to stay as a robot. but anyway, that's just me. maybe i should have read the book. NAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

I haven't seen the film yet (Though you can bet I will soon!) but I HAVE read the book "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" and it was one of the best books I ever read. Plus the character playing Hugo played Bruno in "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" another great movie as well (If you can ignore that the Germans have British accents. But apart from that fantastic)

see i can watch a slow movie and enjoy it. i liked they boy in the stiped pjs. THE MOVIE, NOT THE BOY