bellicheat redux

Anybody catch the pick play on Welker's touchdown? Or Gronkowski's push off on one of his touchdowns? Not that it would have mattered against the Broncos, but shouldn't they have to play by the same rules as a lesser team than them?

It's laughable what the Pats are allowed to get away with and they take full advantage of the ref's favoritism. The fix is in, they want Brady and Belichick to get their fourth rings to cement the modern "dynasty" tag.

What's laughable is your obvious jealousy towards the Pats.

Watch the replays closely dude. There's no way the Ravens leave with a win on Sunday if the refs have something to say about it.

The Pats are clearly good enough to beat the Broncos without cheating, but they still got away with it accounting for two of their touchdowns.

Watch the replays closely dude. There's no way the Ravens leave with a win on Sunday if the refs have something to say about it.

The Pats are clearly good enough to beat the Broncos without cheating, but they still got away with it accounting for two of their touchdowns.

Sounds more like your hatred for the Pats is clouding your objectivity.

Surely no one actually believes Belichick hired McDaniels in order to get info on Tebow? If so, wow man, just wow!

Belichick hired McDaniels because he needs an OC for next season because his current OC is leaving after the season is over with.

Uhhh… so decisions are made only for one reason?

Sounds more like your hatred for the Pats is clouding your objectivity.

You've been spending a great deal of time and energy defending Belichick and the Pats… and accusing people of being jealous of them.

Personally I'm not jealous of them at all. I hate them.

Just like you seem to love them.

McDaniels has not been the coach of the Broncos for 1 1/2 years. The Broncos were beat in Denver with out McD.

Do you not think that John Fox and his OC did not change the playbook. BB was losing his OC and felt comfortable with his former OC. McD was still under contract with the Rams and they agreed to let him go so they did not have to pay his remaning year. There was nothing about Tebow he was going to bring to the table that BB did not already know.

McDaniels has not been the coach of the Broncos for 1 1/2 years. The Broncos were beat in Denver with out McD.

Do you not think that John Fox and his OC did not change the playbook. BB was losing his OC and felt comfortable with his former OC. McD was still under contract with the Rams and they agreed to let him go so they did not have to pay his remaning year. There was nothing about Tebow he was going to bring to the table that BB did not already know.

McDaniels was Tebow's coach as recently as 13 months ago.

The NFL is contemplating a new rule which would forbid a coach from changing teams between the regular season and the playoffs.

Not saying his hiring was completely Tebow-driven cause it wasn't… but I think it's ridiculous to think that it wasn't part of the reason.

A coach still has insight into a player independent of a playbook.

They had a damn good defense that year....Belicheck inherited a Parcels built team then accidentally fell upon Tom Brady...prior to this he has been fired from coaching jobs and moved around the league as much as any other coach

How did he inherit a Parcells built team since he went with Parcells to NY in 1995? He did not come back untill 2000 when most of Parcells players were gone. He inherited a bloated overpriced team from Pete Carrol. Remember Parcells never won a Superbowl without BB as his defensive co-ordinator but BB has won 3 without Parcells. NE has been drafting mostly in the high 20 and 30s while the Bills have been drafting in the top tens. What have we done to make the playoffs? bust after bust and FAs walking away. Even though he has not won in 4 years he still had them in the playoffs. when is the last time we have been in the playoffs?

Edited by dogbyte

Uhhh… so decisions are made only for one reason?

If Belichick wanted info on Tebow from Mcdaniels all he had to do was call him on the phone and ask him for it. He didn't have to hire him to get it. Mcdaniels was hired because the Pats need a OC for next year and Belichick determined that Mcdaniels was the best guy for the job. So he got him before another team did!

If Belichick wanted info on Tebow from Mcdaniels all he had to do was call him on the phone and ask him for it. He didn't have to hire him to get it. Mcdaniels was hired because the Pats need a OC for next year and Belichick determined that Mcdaniels was the best guy for the job. So he got him before another team did!

And the fact that McDaniels scouted Tebow personally and extensively, drafted him and coached him and would be able to attend all the Patriots' practices leading up to the Denver game… had zero to do with hiring him?

This is where you and I disagree:

I believe the main reason Belichick hired McDaniels was for next season.

But I don't believe that it was the only reason.

I am the least, the opposite of special..

... and the pats are a way overrated team.. denver blows and the signing seemed more about the current players on the line and receivers he coached and about the weaknesses he knew against the defense that he practiced against wed thru saturday for years. My point was it seems reasonable to take players off waiver wire if needed in the playoffs but if they really needed a coordinator why not hire him right after the rumours about penn state to get him familiar with the system. The league should have a hiring freeze for coaches in the playoffs. I'm sure info is for sale anyway.. A hiring right after a denver win in a playoff game as ridiculous as the seattle home game at 7-9 last year seems against the spirit of the rules. Thats all I meant. New england would be home doing whatever ever inflated egomaniacs like former guys you wouldn't invite into your house like bruschi, do at home in boston, polish their lawn jockeys, rings, whatever... if they had played pittsburg.

Denver needed to punch brady in the month and bull rush the middle so he couldn step up and they didn't. It also didn't help that they had a remedial qb that couldn't make arena league team throwing passes. Ill give belichek credit he got the most out of his defensive line and created a pass rush when he had none early in the year and had the balls to cut 3? starters on d throughout the season. That sure sent a loud message to the team.

I'll take the 9 points and balt. to anyone who wants to give me money. I would advise against it though. although home field is huge in the playoffs ne only has a 50% chance of winning and that is that high because flaco... is flacco. If they hold ne to field goals they win if they can score 28. Much like alex smith.. who knows what you will get.. smith would be a sure loser on the road..

I am the least, the opposite of special..

... and the pats are a way overrated team.. denver blows and the signing seemed more about the current players on the line and receivers he coached and about the weaknesses he knew against the defense that he practiced against wed thru saturday for years. My point was it seems reasonable to take players off waiver wire if needed in the playoffs but if they really needed a coordinator why not hire him right after the rumours about penn state to get him familiar with the system. The league should have a hiring freeze for coaches in the playoffs. I'm sure info is for sale anyway.. A hiring right after a denver win in a playoff game as ridiculous as the seattle home game at 7-9 last year seems against the spirit of the rules. Thats all I meant. New england would be home doing whatever ever inflated egomaniacs like former guys you wouldn't invite into your house like bruschi, do at home in boston, polish their lawn jockeys, rings, whatever... if they had played pittsburg.

Denver needed to punch brady in the month and bull rush the middle so he couldn step up and they didn't. It also didn't help that they had a remedial qb that couldn't make arena league team throwing passes. Ill give belichek credit he got the most out of his defensive line and created a pass rush when he had none early in the year and had the balls to cut 3? starters on d throughout the season. That sure sent a loud message to the team.

I'll take the 9 points and balt. to anyone who wants to give me money. I would advise against it though. although home field is huge in the playoffs ne only has a 50% chance of winning and that is that high because flaco... is flacco. If they hold ne to field goals they win if they can score 28. Much like alex smith.. who knows what you will get.. smith would be a sure loser on the road..

Is English your 2nd language?

And the fact that McDaniels scouted Tebow personally and extensively, drafted him and coached him and would be able to attend all the Patriots' practices leading up to the Denver game… had zero to do with hiring him?

This is where you and I disagree:

I believe the main reason Belichick hired McDaniels was for next season.

But I don't believe that it was the only reason.

Belichick was going to hire mcdaniels whether the Pats played Denver or not. What, if any info he might have brought to the table was immaterial to that decision.

I think you overvalue Tebow's concern to Belichick. It's not like we are talking having to defend Peyton Manning here. Most anyone of us in here could have devised a gameplan to stop Tebow; stop him from running and make him beat you by passing the ball. Pretty simplistic stuff.

Belichick was going to hire mcdaniels whether the Pats played Denver or not. What, if any info he might have brought to the table was immaterial to that decision.

I think you overvalue Tebow's concern to Belichick. It's not like we are talking having to defend Peyton Manning here. Most anyone of us in here could have devised a gameplan to stop Tebow; stop him from running and make him beat you by passing the ball. Pretty simplistic stuff.

Yeah the coach who has proven that no price is too great to assure victory, who leaves no stone unturned, wasn't in the least bit concerned about stopping a quarterback who led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

Gotcha.

Bellichick is the best coach in the business. Call him a cheat or whatever you want to call him, but the guy is a competitor and knows how to win.

Oh really?

Remember how they lost last years divisional playoff game with that fake onside kick, then Bellicheat blamed Chung for the call? Sounds more like a coaching fail. I know his record using cheats in the postseason is very good, but his record without cheats is very poor.

Edited by mountainwampus

I think you overvalue Tebow's concern to Belichick. It's not like we are talking having to defend Peyton Manning here. Most anyone of us in here could have devised a gameplan to stop Tebow; stop him from running and make him beat you by passing the ball. Pretty simplistic stuff. Regards, Mike Tomlin.

Forgot to sign.