Great Mock Draft

RyanC883

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie_3.php

seems to know what we need. And that TE from Clemson is awesome, and since Fitz can't throw far, a TE is a perfect pick in the 2nd round. We could use double TE formations with Chandler (when he is healthy).

I agree with you about going with a spread formation that would feature 2 TE. It would suit Fitzpatrick perfectly:

-Fitzpatrick is not the most accurate so he needs big targets with reliable hands. Would help 3rd-and-short conversions, which we didn't do a great job at last year.

-I don't see a need to stretch the field that much. Fitz is not at his best throwing long bombs. It is just an interception waiting to happen. We know it, defenses know it. Why kid ourselves. We are not going to outsmart anyone.

- 2 TE sets could potentially help the running game and red zone efficiency.

- TE normally are not asked to run long-developing patterns and present a greater challenge to bump at the LOS.

Of course I don't follow the NCAA and know nothing about that specific TE. But I'm all for a spread formation with 2 TE. That is, of course, if we decide to stand pat with Fitz and do not draft a QB in the 1st round, which I wouldn't mind.

Marc in Montréal

:)

Edited by Marc in MontrÈal