Who Thinks Denver Can Beat Pittsburgh This Week?

True and I'd been calling for Edwards to be fired since the first month of the season.

As I said, we'll see. LeBeau thought that Tebow couldn't pass on them so he loaded the box and went man coverage. Big mistake. Likely one that won't be repeated anytime soon.

Teams playing man coverage with the DB's is what Tebow see all the time. That is not anything different. The mistake the Steelers made was with how they played their safeties. Blitzed too much and didn't use them to help out their DB's enough over top.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta wonder how much the absence of Steelers' starting FS Ryan Clark (who has sickle cell trait) affected the outcome? I didn't think they needed him before the game, but afterwards, it looks like they definitely missed him.

I bet a lot, since his replacement Ryan Mundy blew the coverage on the overtime pass to Demaryius Thomas.

I bet a lot, since his replacement Ryan Mundy blew the coverage on the overtime pass to Demaryius Thomas.

The safety's were used a lot in containing Tebow and the running the game. I think in terms of the Safety's it was more on a poor gameplan on Lebau's part than Personnel.

Clark's absence hurt, but I agree that more of it was LeBeau's scheme.

There is a reason the games are actually played by humans rather than on Madden.....right? No?

I can think of two super bowls in which the Giants had zero chance of winning.

People were actually already talking about the Pittsburgh-New England match-up before the game. Now, I think everyone can envision a scenario where Denver could win at Gillette.

I think the line is at 13.5....which means the wiseguys want the action on Denver....and the wiseguys are usually right.

Edited by Garranimal

People were actually already talking about the Pittsburgh-New England match-up before the game. Now, I think everyone can envision a scenario where Denver could win at Gillette.

I think the line is at 13.5....which means the wiseguys want the action on Denver....and the wiseguys are usually right.

Wiseguys bet on the Pitt game the week before. Great equity on that game. Not so much this week. But I do hope Denver beats them.

Highly unlikely. This ones on the road on a short week to a team that handled them easily just a few weeks ago.

The Pat's won't do stupid things with their safeteys like the Steelers did. Tebow won't get the same looks down field in the passing game.

They can indeed rush on the Pat's though. Hopefully Denver can minimize turnovers and guys like Von Miller can rattle Brady.