And with the 2012 selection the Buffalo Bills Selet....

UticaBill

The TEs who don't get hurt quote is kind of laughable, but then again, is it?

They've drafted

Shawn Nelson (4th) - migraines, injuries, supposedly big upside

Kevin Everett (3rd) - career-ending spinal injury

Tim Euhus (4th), Derek Fine (4th) - basically the same high-motor, low-productivity white guy

The all-time best Bills TEs are Jay Riemersma (7th rd), and of course, Metzelaars (trade, drafted 3rd round by Seattle). McKeller and Reuben Gant might be characterized as effective. Either way, the Bills have not had a modern-day TE the likes of Gates, Gonzales, Sharpe, Dallas Clark, Witten... well, ever. It seems like they are so essential to a good offense, but not easy to come by.

Sharpe was a 7th rounder, Gates famously an UDFA, Witten a third. Gonzales and Clark were firsts. There's certainly no formula. We just need one. I think Chandler is definitely part of the puzzle, and wouldn't mind if we got another one with real upside who "doesn't get hurt," with a second- or third-day pick.

Overall there are not a lot of great TEs in Bills history but you forgot the 60's and 70's?

The All Time best Bills TEs are Ernie Warlick and Pete Metzellars. Warlick was an awesome blocker with speed and good hands. Part of the 64 and 65 Championship teams.

Two other good TE's from the olden days were Paul Costa and Paul Seymour and both were switched to OT later in their careers.

McKellar could have been very good if not for injuries.

For those of us who grew up in the stone ages, there's also Ernie Warlick and then Paul Seymour. Jan White was very good too.

I have to disagree on this one my friend.

I would not put Jan White in there with Warlick. White was small, not a good blocker. Two seasons. Nope.

Edited by Bob in STL

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic