best experience ever at game (Even though we lost)

brenty

I was pretty blown away by the HUGE representation Bills fans from Buffalo to California brought out yesterday at Qualcomm Stadium.

There were Bills fans EVERYWHERE in San Diego from the city to the beach to parking lot tailgate at Qualcomm. Everyone was cool and well behaved from what I saw too. The tailgate that is usually so-so in San Diego was taken up a notch with Buffalo fans occupying at least 40% of the crowd.

Yes-A team that has been run into the ground over and over again for not one year, or five years but twelve looooong years and counting had made up 40% of the fans at the game. Most fan bases would have checked out 10 years ago...But not loyal Bills fans. You deserve better than this. You deserve a winner for your support. The game SUCKED-but hopefully you had fun in San Diego...Good thing the game was on Sunday too-It is 47' and cold rain here today!

Edited by BuffaloWest

I was pretty blown away by the HUGE representation Bills fans from Buffalo to California brought out yesterday at Qualcomm Stadium.

There were Bills fans EVERYWHERE in San Diego from the city to the beach to parking lot tailgate at Qualcomm. Everyone was cool and well behaved from what I saw too. The tailgate that is usually so-so in San Diego was taken up a notch with Buffalo fans occupying at least 40% of the crowd.

Yes-A team that has been run into the ground over and over again for not one year, or five years but twelve looooong years and counting had made up 40% of the fans at the game. Most fan bases would have checked out 10 years ago...But not loyal Bills fans. You deserve better than this. You deserve a winner for your support. The game SUCKED-but hopefully you had fun in San Diego...Good thing the game was on Sunday too-It is 47' and cold rain here today!

Agree !!! I was there. Bad game - great showing of Bills fans !!!!!!!!!!

It was an awesome showing, I agree. But then again, my hypothesis is that most out-of-towners needed to make ticket and travel arrangements well in advance, at a time when the Bills actually looked like an NFL team. I know I made my arrangements back around the time of our last win some six or seven weeks ago. Would I have still traveled and gone to the game if the Bills stunk back then like they do now? Hard to say. I'm sure many would not have.

On the less pessimistic side, Bills fans are the most dedicated and unashamed fans out there, so I bet it still would have been a decent showing regardless -- just maybe not quite as impressive.

I thought the highlights were all of the closeups of the cheerleaders... But the tailgate was probably a close second. ;)

Criminy...you were there too and we didn't get to meet? That sucks.

I understand your feelings Beerball but I think players have to firewall their emotions at times.

If you were a cop and just got finished with a shift where you had to witness a crime scene with two people killed "assassination style," you still have an obligation to your family to not let it ruin Thanksgiving Dinner.

My example is a bit extreme but it's still only a football game in a profession where one team wins and one loses… and they still had plans to meet and socialize with family after the game.

I would hope the loss was disturbing and distressful to the team and I would also hope that they have the strength of character to deal with it appropriately.

This stuff needs to be kept in perspective.

agreed. I remember last year when we started off 0-8. I loved how the players fought till they died and still was able to keep their heads up around family or around the city. I think someone posted about eagle fans yelling at matthews' family and made his fiance cry. That will make your team walk around with their heads down. We cant do that as fans, no matter how bad a player is or had that day, we shouldnt rip them apart. I.E. Mckelvin. Told him after the game that he played great and keep fighting. I dont give a **** if he wasnt great or not, im there for my team thick and thin. (even if its been thick for 11 years)

Food was made in Andre Reed's Over The Middle All Purpose Sauce... Pick up a Bottle at WNY Wegmans, TOPS, or Dash's Markets. For a complete list of stores or to purchase online visit www.andrereedotm.com!!! He is holding a special to get a signed bottle with your purchase from now until Christmas. Also can get his limited edition Charity bands. Proceeds from sale of both of these items go to the Kids Escaping Drugs Campaign!!!

I'm not sure that I like that. They should be embarassed, pissed off, you name it, yesterday they should have been hanging their heads.

I think every player has the right to separate their occupational life from everything else. We all do.

In other words, whatever happens after that final whistle sounds is their business.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine