No Pressure on Sanchez

Let me point out the obvious - I started watching mid first quarter and then watched rest of game Jets game today. At no time did I see ANY pressure on Sanchez. THAT to me was the reason we lost ... not Stevie Johnson's drops ... not the bad kick in the third quarter ... rather, Buffalo's simple inability to get ANY pressure on the QB. It's really remarkable ... none. The Jets did not bring their "A" game as they did three weeks ago and truly should have lost todays game. Get to the QB or at least get some pressure on him and that forces mistakes.

IMO, Buffalo needs to spend several high draft picks in 2012 and 2013 and start to build a dominant defense (ala Baltimore and Pittsburgh). Dareus can't do it by himself. We have a serviceable offense that can hold it's own for now ... build a solid defense and all else will fall into place.

I like NIx and I think he can do it.

If the Jets can manage to get sacks from Maybin, then the Bills must have somebody on the team that can get to the quarterback. Why does it always seem like when the Bills blitz, there are still enough blockers to handle them, but when the Jets (or any other team) blitz, the Bills run out of blockers almost immediately? Sanchez never had anybody within 5 yards of him. He never felt any pressure. That is inexcusable.

If the Jets can manage to get sacks from Maybin, then the Bills must have somebody on the team that can get to the quarterback. Why does it always seem like when the Bills blitz, there are still enough blockers to handle them, but when the Jets (or any other team) blitz, the Bills run out of blockers almost immediately? Sanchez never had anybody within 5 yards of him. He never felt any pressure. That is inexcusable.

Wait so you are looking all the way to 2013 until Buffalo can be competitive? Sorry hoss. If we have to wait that long, than Nix's run as GM is a failure.

Here's what bothers me about Nix - QB pressure was a #1 concern going into the season. Drafting Dareus was a good move but aside from signing that retread Merrimen who had been on a downward spiral, he did little to help our pass rush.

I do not have confidence in Buddy and think his job should be on this hot seat. But this is Buffalo, where incompetence is not only accepted, but is the status quo.