Momentum Gained, Momentum Lost...

Now my personal theory about the current losses has more to do with the mounting injuries to the offensive line, and a few key defensive players being lost for the season, but there's no doubt winning and success seems to fuel its self, and losing slumps seem to cause teams to press, and that's when the hole can get deeper when mistakes start to affect outcomes. I don't think it is coincidence at all that the takeaways on defense have dropped off completely when Kyle Williams and Shawn Merriman went out for the season, regardless of popular opinion around here about the effectiveness of wither player, the defense has been pressing, making more mistakes, and no longer getting the turnovers.

Same on the offensive side of the ball, they seem to be pressing too much, forcing things that aren't there, and you now see the byproduct. It seemed to gain steam when Donald Jones and D. Bell went down, and they haven't played the same since. I found this video on NFL.com, and since they show some cool Bills highlights, I figured I'd share.

Cool NFL video

It's time to line up and just play, make sure you do your job, forget what you can't control, and see where the chips fall. It really does seem like the problem is less with talent and game plan, than it is confidence due to a momentum shift triggered by injuries to the team.

A win against Miami won't cure all but I think it is the medicine this team needs right now, everyone knows they are tougher than their record suggests, just like we were last year.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

I agree...immaturity of some of the players and how they handle losses (and winning) is key. Other problem is attitude: players should keep their yaps shut and play football...let your record speak for itself. McKelvin is a thorn but we can't replace him right now...I expect every offensive coordinator will be concentrating on him from this game forward.

I agree...immaturity of some of the players and how they handle losses (and winning) is key. Other problem is attitude: players should keep their yaps shut and play football...let your record speak for itself. McKelvin is a thorn but we can't replace him right now...I expect every offensive coordinator will be concentrating on him from this game forward.

McKelvin is one of those players you can't quite figure out, he seems to always have the receiver blanketed, and in some cases, air tight, and the receiver STILL comes down with the ball. The Dallas game was the latest example, and you could literally find 2-3 examples per game. If the guy could just maybe, I don't know....put his hands up????!?? There's no doubt he can cover, his big problem is defending the pass, and if that light doesn't come on this season, then you have to move on, because he is clearly costing the team some wins at this point in his career.