Bills are Improved But Not Contenders

vorpma

I look at what most fans were saying about this years team and then considering the talent on the current team that they would be happy with a winning record at 8-8.

They came out and did very well at the start of the year so everyone's expectations went sky high. The reality is the Bills were a mediocre team under Jauron, with some good but not great players....one pro bowler!

The current Bills are still a mediocre team because this new regime wanted to configure the team the way they wanted for a 3-4 defense and didn't have, and still don't have all the pieces to make it work like the Steelers or Packers.

So yea, be happy to know that this team is still rebuilding and improving. Levy and Polian didn't get it done in one year either. What kinda worries me is the only really good draft pick the bills have found over the last two drafts fell into their lap

- Actually I think we have been decent in stopping the run....which is a huge upgrade over last year. Lack of pressure on the qb is based on 3 factors....a. Merriman didnt pan out b. We lose Williams early and c. We are not s finished product at the outside linebacker position.

- You dont need a deep threat when you dont throw deep often

- I started off the year with a 9-7 preduction....basied on what happens today I will stick with that or move up to 10-6

or

You don't throw deep often when you don't have a deep threat.