Most overrated players in the NFL

Buftex

:lol: now you've done it. All the Miller cultists will soon be out to tell you how he's the best goalie EVAR.

If Enroth would have played this sunday against the jets, the Bills would have won........

he has Poise......

"Overrated" seems to be one of the most misunderstood words in the English dictionary, so it's not surprising that NFl players are guilty of it just like everyone else. I would like to ask Terrance Knighton what single prominent analyst has ever said that Tony Romo is "elite" - I don't think anyone ever has. What I do know is that he played one of the better games a QB will play against the Jets all year and was raked over the coals for a couple mistakes.

You don't have to be considered "Elite" to be overrated. Calling Maybin an NFL player during his time in Buffalo was overrating Maybin and his abilities

Romo is talked about alot as being one of the better (top 10) QB's in the league, when really, he just isn't that great and would make him Overrated.

Just break down the word OVER RATED. You are rated above what you actually should be......

You don't have to be considered "Elite" to be overrated. Calling Maybin an NFL player during his time in Buffalo was overrating Maybin and his abilities

Romo is talked about alot as being one of the better (top 10) QB's in the league, when really, he just isn't that great and would make him Overrated.

Just break down the word OVER RATED. You are rated above what you actually should be......

Agree with your definition, although the player quoted did use the word 'elite'.

You have your Manning/Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Ben. After that who knows. There's probably a bigger difference between #4 and #7 than there is between #6 and #13 - therefore 'Top 10' is sort of an arbitrary cutoff. Most people's 6-10 will look different every week depending on what the flavor of the month is. Like right now it's popular to say Eli is up there and Rivers stinks, but that wasn't the case last year or the year before, and it may not be the case a month from now. Maybe Josh Freeman would've received top 10 votes last year; right now probably not. What about Matt Ryan? Most people would say he's "pretty good". I think that's about what Romo is and where he is (appropriately) rated.