Calvin Pace quote

xsoldier54

Gotta respectfully disagree. The Bills were very lucky that the Jets made so many mistakes or it could have been a blowout early. The Bills were dominated in every phase of the game. They have not been able to solve the Jets at all under Rex Ryan and I do not expect that to change. Yesterday was their best opportunity to beat them and they failed miserably. Expect more of the same when the two teams meet again. The Jets know that they own this team and Buffalo has done nothing to dispel that confidence. The Jets will pulvarize this team when they meet again. The Bills are a better team this year than last, but just not good enough yet.

I think you're underestimating what Fred can do when the interior of the line is intact, but we can agree to disagree. The defense will certainly have to be stouter against the run if they are to have a shot, but I think there is a shot. If there weren't, I wouldn't watch the game.

If I can say one last thing, though, I think we've seen how much a big turnover converted to points can change a game - as the winner of the battle and yesterday as the loser. Teams that look better on paper lose games that way, and it's how the Bills beat the Pats and Eagles. You can say they are better teams, but the record says the Bills did enough to beat them. Hopefully they can do the same against the Jets in the re-match.

How is our "leader" that would say that though? Fred is the only one I can think of but I mean c'mon that guy leads by example everyday anyway. Fitz will never say anything like that. Dude is academic in his approach and demeanor. Good when we're awesome but it doesn't do a lot to lift us when we need it.

How do you figure this? Are you in the Bills locker rooms and practices? The team obviously had a deep respect for Fitz as their leader and they've developed a great comradery. He also rallied the Bills to two thrilling victories down 18 and 21 points - the first team to EVER do that back to back. He's had a few lousy games but other then that he's easily played as a top 10 QB this year. I have no doubt he and the gang can rally and get it together, we just played a really lousy game...it happens.

The way I see it though is you can give speeches and pep talks and guarantees all you want, none of it matters unless it shows on the field. The Jets are the perfect example, constantly talking, guaranteeing rings, yet not producing. Anyone can say words, it's how you act on them. And as far as that quote goes, that player sounds like a typical Jet. Yeah they pounded us, but they still have the same record we do and have lost to two teams we beat. There's a lot of football to play and anything can happen, and apart from yesterday we've easily looked like the better team.

Plus one positive aspect is we didn't give up the insane number of rush yards to them like the last 4. Also a few plays go differently it's a much closer game. If Pace had any common sense he would quit making big predictions based on one game.