[OT] Christmas Gift Purchased

Best I can figure, the gun was basically taking a "picture" of what you were shooting at, and the code was looking for specific color combinations to determine if you hit or missed.  If you play Duck Hunt, for example, and shoot the black areas on the bottom of the screen, it always killed the duck.  (not that I condone cheating like that...). :devil:

CW

174785[/snapback]

Damn...

I guess magnetic field is possible, but I would doubt it. Originally, I was thinking resistive touch, until you mentioned putting your finger near the stylus. What does the stylus look like?

174754[/snapback]

Here is a link:

Explorer Globe

I went to the support section and found that they have 24 hour help during the holidays... I called it, I figure I would pre-empt (two can play that game... ;);):devil: ) any holiday rush :devil: . Low and behold can you believe I got a real voice right away! I took him to task asking questions.

I found:

~I ordered the AC adapter. (12 bucks total!)

~The stylus actually disconnects if you unscrew the bottom plate (replacement is 5 bucks if your kid rips it off or chews it! COOL!)... Free if it craps out. It also retracts (something the owners manual failed to mention).

Also I guess the globe will come off its axis if you have small enough hands to pry it... He said there is a swivel contact at the base of the axis... The cord is wired and NOT JUST A TETHER.

LeapFrog seems very cool! ;)