Daily News Article on Jets O-line

AlbanyBill

Sorry if this is posted already but I did a search and didn't see it.

The article outlines how in last couple of weeks the Jets O-line is really coming together to protect Sanchez and give Greene and LT some running room. After the way the Bills played against a terrible line in Toronto, I'm thinking this will be a good test to see if they're actually improving. I know we would all love to see Dareus have another huge game!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/nick-mangold-rex-ryan-pleased-progress-ny-jets-offensive-line-article-1.970961

From the article...

The offensive line will always be the backbone of “Rex Ryan Football,” the grind-it-out, mauling style that Gang Green was missing in the first month of the season.

For all the preseason chatter about the Jets’ promising aerial attack, Ryan & Co. have returned to their ground-and-pound roots thanks to a reenergized line that has found its way after a shaky start.

The line has been solid during the Jets’ two-game winning streak, limiting hits on Mark Sanchez and creating open spaces for Shonn Greene, who has come alive after a slow start.

“I feel really good about where we’re at,” Ryan said. “As an offense, I feel like we’re at our best right now. This should be the best our offense has looked and it kind of feels that way. We’re back to running the ball better. We’re protecting the quarterback.”

On a side note, I'm hoping to be at the game and have not had success getting tickets yet so may have to go the scalping route.

Edited by AlbanyBill

The article outlines how in last couple of weeks the Jets O-line is really coming together to protect Sanchez and give Greene and LT some running room. After the way the Bills played against a terrible line in Toronto, I'm thinking this will be a good test to see if they're actually improving. I know we would all love to see Dareus have another huge game!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/nick-mangold-rex-ryan-pleased-progress-ny-jets-offensive-line-article-1.970961

From the article...

On a side note, I'm hoping to be at the game and have not had success getting tickets yet so may have to go the scalping route.

AS I posted in another thread, this is the key matchup of the game. If the Bills can't stop the run, they don't win.

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.970961

From the article...

They really feel that they can continue to run all over the Bills as they have done in years past. I hope the Bills "D" takes that to heart.

The big difference this year is that we have Dareus, and hopefully a healthy Troup manning the middle, guys that can seal the edge with a much better linebacking and safety core than the Bills have had in years past. They need to really close down their running game and stuff it early. They do that and the offense gets a couple scores on the board early, then this game could go very well for us.

They really have to focus on making the Jets one dimensional and force Sanchez to win with his arm.

They really have to focus on making the Jets one dimensional and force Sanchez to win with his arm.

The Bills need to stack as many people in the box as it takes to stop the run. I don't care how many it takes. Make Sanchez beat us and if he does so be it but I like my chances vs. Sanchez more than letting a team run down the field on us.

On the flip side I'm a bit afraid of the Bills offense this game. The Jets, unlike other teams, have the CBs to play on islands the entire game. And because the Bills lack a real deep threat the Jets will stack the LoS to stop the run and play man and jam the WRs every play to disrupt the short patterns. The Bills are going to have to take shots downfield and Chandler needs to be involved during the entire drive, not just in the red zone.