That old football cliche

cvanvol

So taking a look at our box score from this week George Wilson once again led the team in solo tackles... That is with the skins earning less than 30 yards of rushing as well. Well if all the people that agree with this " You’re in big trouble defensively when your safeties are making the tackles" what does this mean? Also take a look at London Fletcher making pretty much every single tackle for his team. I said this didnt apply to our team before, how does everyone feel now?

What does it mean? It means very little because it was one game.

I believe the point of the poster saying that "once again" was because it has been a recurring theme, as he is referring to the cliche that everyone was blowing up about earlier this season.

Honestly, as I stated in that thread a while back, I believe the cliche is no longer valid. Look at how the safeties play up in the box now, and look at how much of a passing league this has become. If every team is passing excessively, of course your safeties and DBs are making a majority of the tackles.

I think this cliche is really dated, as in before the proliferation of the spread offenses. For instance, look at the box score from the Pitt/NE game- Pittsburgh has 3 defensive backs as their leading tacklers.

I believe the point of the poster saying that "once again" was because it has been a recurring theme, as he is referring to the cliche that everyone was blowing up about earlier this season.

Most of this season teams have steamrolled up and down the field against the defense, so I'm not sure that helps his point.

Honestly, as I stated in that thread a while back, I believe the cliche is no longer valid. Look at how the safeties play up in the box now, and look at how much of a passing league this has become. If every team is passing excessively, of course your safeties and DBs are making a majority of the tackles.

I agree that changes in the game, defensive scheme choices, opponent's offensive calls, etc. all factor heavily into determining who ends up with the most tackles. Stats without context are almost always meaningless.

Most of this season teams have steamrolled up and down the field against the defense, so I'm not sure that helps his point.

I agree that changes in the game, defensive scheme choices, opponent's offensive calls, etc. all factor heavily into determining who ends up with the most tackles. Stats without context are almost always meaningless.

I would love to post every tackle george wilson made last game but i dont have the time right now but looking at it quickly he had 4 of his nine tackles that were for gains of less than 5 yards and only 2 over 10 yards.

yes lol and I put it in quotes for no reason but please dont tell warrow :devil:

To quote Father Guidoe Sarducci - - "If Johne ever find-a out, da Pope-a say you best watch-a you back after-a da sun goes-a down, or at-a least-a da lower regions of-a it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_Underbank

Like other Warrows, Tuck is very short, at exactly three and a half feet. . . . Like all Warrows, he is able to see great distances in the dark, even further than Elves.

You can-not-a make-a dis stuff up!