Do coaching staffs scout officiating crews?

zow2

It seems like this year more than i can remember, certain officiating crews are calling things differently than others. Last night in the SD/KC game, there were two offensive pass interference calls on SD. I thought both were questionable (hand fighting) and one took away a SD TD and killed a drive. Huge calls. Seems like the guy making those calls was influenced by the KC players reaction and the crowd.

I was at the Baltimore/Ariz game Sunday. On two separate occasions Ravens players were flagged for "Taunting" on plays where i honestly see the same thing 10 times in every game. Ray Rice got up and was excited about making a 1st down, and BAM, flag. Strange. The other one was also innocent looking. In that same game the refs were flag happy on any Pass interference where the DB makes a great play and barely has a hand grazing the WRs back on a reach around (knocking the ball down). IMO, they were way too quick to call PI in that game.

My question...do coaching staffs scout these crews to let the team know what to possibly expect?

It seems like this year more than i can remember, certain officiating crews are calling things differently than others. Last night in the SD/KC game, there were two offensive pass interference calls on SD. I thought both were questionable (hand fighting) and one took away a SD TD and killed a drive. Huge calls. Seems like the guy making those calls was influenced by the KC players reaction and the crowd.

I was at the Baltimore/Ariz game Sunday. On two separate occasions Ravens players were flagged for "Taunting" on plays where i honestly see the same thing 10 times in every game. Ray Rice got up and was excited about making a 1st down, and BAM, flag. Strange. The other one was also innocent looking. In that same game the refs were flag happy on any Pass interference where the DB makes a great play and barely has a hand grazing the WRs back on a reach around (knocking the ball down). IMO, they were way too quick to call PI in that game.

My question...do coaching staffs scout these crews to let the team know what to possibly expect?

short answer is yes..they will analyze the upcoming crew for tendencies just like they would for the opponant