How A Pro Athlete Should Use Twitter...

The AntiFin

so if you knew what he tweeted, why'd you pose the question?

regardless of his temperamental twitter behavior in the months prior to leaving, donte seemed gracious enough upon his actual departure -- at least according to his tweets. he endorsed chan and said the bills would make the playoffs. that's certainly more charitable than most of the posts here around that time.

plus, there's this: http://twitter.com/#!/DonteWhitner/status/118111273497001985

he wished the bills well and moved on. following your premise, that seems exactly how a former player should use twitter.

so if you knew what he tweeted, why'd you pose the question?

It's called a "rhetorical question." Look it up.

regardless of his temperamental twitter behavior in the months prior to leaving, donte seemed gracious enough upon his actual departure -- at least according to his tweets. he endorsed chan and said the bills would make the playoffs. that's certainly more charitable than most of the posts here around that time.

Someone knocked some sense into him. If you think he did that on his own -- Well, I have a bridge to sell you. Lil' Donte earned every bit of disrespect he received on this board.

It's called a "rhetorical question." Look it up.

Someone knocked some sense into him. If you think he did that on his own -- Well, I have a bridge to sell you. Lil' Donte earned every bit of disrespect he received on this board.

your understanding of literary devices is troubling.

you asked what he tweeted upon his departure and i told you. i make no claims to know what a man feels in his heart. i'll leave those assertions to you.

it's odd that you give kudos to tashard for his comments while bashing donte for tweeting similar sentiments. why not celebrate his graciousness like you did tashard?

it's odd that you give kudos to tashard for his comments while bashing donte for tweeting similar sentiments. why not celebrate his graciousness like you did tashard?

Because Tashard didn't make an a$$ out of himself on Twitter when he was a Cowboy and alienate the fans. Can you say the same about your buddy Donte with the Bills?

I can't stand Donte. Sue me.

Because Tashard didn't make an a$$ out of himself on Twitter when he was a Cowboy and alienate the fans. Can you say the same about your buddy Donte with the Bills?

I can't stand Donte. Sue me.

actually, i felt he was a flawed athlete and pined for his exit for years. i'm simply pointing out that your central premise is false.

he was am inferior player. still, when he bounced, his tweets were complimentary and innocuous.

Edited by Dirtbag

actually, i felt he was a flawed athlete and pined for his exit for years. i'm simply pointing out that your central premise is false.

he was am inferior player. still, when he bounced, his tweets were complimentary and innocuous.

So, my "central premise is false?" Interesting. And your attribution of phantom quotes to me had nothing to do with this, right?

Choice was "bounced." The Bills chose not to resign Donte. Do you not see the difference between the two? So, to my question: "What would Lil' Donte have Tweeted (inferred: had he been cut like that)?" It's rhetorical because he was NOT cut. I never asked "what he Tweeted on his departure," as you misquoted me. His "departure," for the record, was the end of the 2010 season, when he became a free agent. So, let's compare apples to apples, because you're comparing apples to watermelons -- and all the misquoting in the world isn't going to win you this point.

Choice's immediate response when it was clear the Cowboys no longer needed him (in the form of a cut) was pure class.

Donte's first reply when it was clear to him that the Bills no longer needed him (in the form of DB drafts) was juvenile drivel and mockery. (I'll remind you, he was NOT part of the Bills on draft weekend, as you seem to suggest -- He already had departed, whether he liked it or not).

Your link to Donte's tweet is from Aug. 6 -- two days after he signed with the Niners. I'll give him credit for posting "niceties" after he finally landed a job. Where were they up to that point? If you choose to reply, please properly quote me instead of making up your own quotes.

I'm glad we can agree that he was an inferior player who seemingly mailed it in years ago. At least it's something. If you're going to make stuff up, enjoy debating alone. For the record, it's a pretty weak way to "win" an argument.

And then there's Darryl Talley who in pre-Twitter days, left the Bills to play in Atlanta.

If I recall correctly, Talley took out a full-page ad in the Buffalo News to thank the Bills organization and the Buffalo fans for all the support and love during his time in Buffalo.

Correct. Pure class. Bledsoe did the same upon leaving New England -- in the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.