Did Hough Douglas sign with Eagles?

SACKMARINO

My friend told me he saw that he agreed to terms with Eagles , on ESPN's bottom line.

12485[/snapback]

Douglas deserved some consideration by the Bills because our DE situation lacks a huge sack threat, but since Douglas is an RDE rather than competition at LDE where we need an upgrade over Denney's performance last year there is a huge question as to whether he is a fit for us (particularly with only one pre-season game left on Thursday for him to learn a new role if he can.

Also, from all I hear Douglas was a stand-up guy for Jax as a person but simply did not produce on the field. My guess is that given his drop-off in production last year, one should not count on Douglas for more than a reserve role and both Kelsay and Denney are younger players who can do that though neither has shown even starter talent yet, much less been a threat that forces OCs to scheme toward them making the rest of the DL better players.

true that. Douglas is definitely not earning his keeo with the Jags. Who knows though? he could have a big year as a product of the Eagles D

12591[/snapback]

The Eagles are definately a team that looks to be going for it all this year. Though I'm not sure Westbrook is strong enough to hold up for an entire season and be "the man" for their running attack. Not to mention some question marks in the secondary with the absence of Vincent and Taylor.

In terms of the Jags, who do they have at DE now that Douglas and Brackens are gone?

The Eagles are definately a team that looks to be going for it all this year. Though I'm not sure Westbrook is strong enough to hold up for an entire season and be "the man" for their running attack. Not to mention some question marks in the secondary with the absence of Vincent and Taylor.

In terms of the Jags, who do they have at DE now that Douglas and Brackens are gone?

12619[/snapback]

Paul Spicer, Lionel Barnes, Bobby McCray, Brandon Green, and Courtland Bullard (a college LB listed at DE on Ourlads' depth chart). Their 3rd-round pick, Jorge Cordova, is gone for the year with a knee injury.

I repeat what I said earlier today: looking at that underwhelming list, the Jagwires must really figure Douglas is done to have cut him loose....

(As for the Iggles: watch Thomas Tapeh. He's listed as a FB, but I remember him being the "feature back" at Minnesota. Tough runner who could end up being better than Buckhalter, IMO....)