Drayton Florence

Bronc24

Horrible game. The Giants targeted Florence and it worked every time I believe. He couldn't tackle, couldn't cover, and didn't make any plays. The only decent play he made was when he was burned so bad that he took a PI penalty so the WR didn't score. Yes, pass rush is by far our biggest need. But Florence was awful and can easily be upgraded this offseason

I finally got around to watching the replay of Sunday's game. Florence was terrible the second time around as well. It was obvious the Giants were attacking him as McGee was on the other side. We have a sad set of CB's with only McGee worth keeping. We have drafted many CB's in recent drafts and they have all been busts.

Our lack of pass rush does not help. We need to bring in the corners for more blitzes. It is obvious they cannot cover their heads, might as well send them on some blitzes.

I'm not sure the OP is saying that Florence is the ONLY reason we lost, but you can't overlook those penalties when you lose by a field goal. He plays a cleaner game, maybe we win, who knows. One thing is for sure, we can't count on Fitz to throw three or four touchdowns every game to overcome our defensive issues (and he will have a few bad throws along the way). Same with Freddie. Good news is, if the offense keeps performing as it is, we may be able to spare some picks to repair the issue.

I am not saying Florence was the only reason...you win and lose as a team. Fitzy killed us with those two picks and the horrendous sack he took. We had absolutely no pressure. However, Florence stood out as a fairly substantial weak link in what was a pretty weak chain to begin with. We cannot afford mailed in performances like that.

I think all PI calls should be reviewed. They are almost always game changing calls, to keep the game pure and free of corruption those calls should be reviewed. If a game was going to fixed or shaved, PI calls are the ticket to do it.

I think all pass plays should be reviewed. Too much holding that doesn't get called.

I am not saying Florence was the only reason...you win and lose as a team. Fitzy killed us with those two picks and the horrendous sack he took. We had absolutely no pressure. However, Florence stood out as a fairly substantial weak link in what was a pretty weak chain to begin with. We cannot afford mailed in performances like that.

Agreed. That was a very winnable game even WITH the bad play from Florence. He even owned up and put the blame on himself with his comments later on so he acknowledged it and hopefully he can focus on correcting the mistakes he made. If the defense puts more pressure on the QB, there is less time to expose a weak link in the secondary. It is a team game and the team had plenty of individual failures in that game. Including Fitz's picks. One of which if thrown on target would have been a huge gainer, possible score. Having Kyle Williams out doesn't hurt either. This team is getting a week off to rest and re-organize. If it becomes a trend then there is an issue. The defense is what it is at this point. Live and die by the turnover production.

I think all pass plays should be reviewed. Too much holding that doesn't get called.

While I tend to agree with you on the insane amount of missed holding calls I have seen, if these things all get reviewed then games would drag on for 6 hours :lol: