Dominated in 2nd Half Past 3 Weeks

Is this a result of being out coached or the players being out played?

Cincinnati Game

Offense

14:53 time of possession

27 plays

99 yards

3 points

Defense

14:59 time of possession

34 plays against

288 yards against

20 points against

Philadelphia Game

Offense

18:28 time of possession

34 plays

169 yards

10 points

Defense

11:22 time of possession

26 plays

289 yards against

17 points against

NY Giants Game

Offense

12:46

32 plays for

149 yards for

7 points for

Defense

13:49

31 plays against

179 yards against

10 points against

Total Offense

47:07 time of possession

93 plays

417 yards

20 total points

Defense

40:10 time of possession

91 plays

756 yards against

47 total points

Was thinking the same thing. For Oak, NE, we dominated the second half. For the past three, we've been dominated.

Don't know what it is, but I do hope we can figure out how to play solid for all four quarters after the bye.

Its NFL football. You're not gonna dominate for 4 Qtrs. You just hope to put up enough points in the Qtrs you do control.

This team is still a work in progress that has over-achieved mightily, with at least one more good defensive draft needed...

Ed Zachary.

The Bills are a 4-2 team… that's what they are.

To be angry that they are not overachieving to an even higher degree is not realistic, IMO.

Yeah the losses were tough to swallow and the wins over Oakland and New England bordered on miraculous.

You cannot win every one.

I have to laugh at the "adjusted expectations" stuff. It's borderline bi-polar. It's like criticizing your kid one day and complimenting them the next day when their effort and performance has been consistent all along.

Emotional peaks and valleys are not a hallmark of a well-rounded football team nor a well-grounded person.

You play as hard and as well as you can. That's all you can do.

Sometimes it's just not good enough… the other guys are professionals too.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

You play as hard and as well as you can. That's all you can do.

Which is all I want and expect. They're good enough to compete week in and week out, which is a big improvement from the past few years and that makes them entertaining to watch. But talent wize, they still have a lot of holes to fill on the defensive front 7 and aren't good enough to overcome mistakes (along with 90% of the NFL).

Wow, it's like a knife in the ribs when the Bills come so close and can't finish. Just when you think they have "learned how to win," we have two road games where the Bills can't get it done. Winnable games there for the taking, and we come up short. These are the growing pains that must be endured, I suppose, as the team continues to improve. Is the talent there to overcome our frailties? I am afraid this is all going to come down to the wire and more years will be taken off my life in the hope we can eke out enough wins to make the playoffs.

It is with conviction that I offer this: The Bills can play with any team in the league and beat 'em. But week to week, can they FINISH? The answer will determine our fate come January.