Aaron Curry to the Raiders

Dan III

Perhaps, but do you think it will be because they picked up Curry? I don't...

No, but the move to go out and get Curry (at possibly a fairly high price -- I haven't seen what picks they gave up yet) at this point in the season shows what they think of their chances. They're not playing for next year.

Seattle sucks. I think this kid will find his rythym. Sometimes you need to be on a different team. Look at Fitz. He bounced around as a backup until he had Chan.

Bobby Carpenter couldn't get on the field in Dallas, now he's flourishing with the Lions, a defense that better suits him.

No, but the move to go out and get Curry (at possibly a fairly high price -- I haven't seen what picks they gave up yet) at this point in the season shows what they think of their chances. They're not playing for next year.

7th and 5th. I think you are reading into it a bit much. I think the Raiders will challenge the Chargers, but I just think they were looking for a linebacker because they were a bit thin there. I don't think it's some kind of "new aggressive attitude", or some such.

I don't expect he will have much impact on their season...

From reading the article it sounds like he just couldnt cover anyone. There are still a role for big LBs in the league. Just gotta move him to where he can be successful.

If we didnt draft Shep, I would think he could be in A Davis role in our D.

Edited by Thoner7

Bobby Carpenter couldn't get on the field in Dallas, now he's flourishing with the Lions, a defense that better suits him.

Really good point… and he looked great on Monday night.

I remember when St. Louis cut him early last year there were the inevitable posts suggesting the Bills give him a shot.

Then there were the usual sarcastic and usually accurate "I've heard of him" replies.

Maybe we actually should have claimed him.

I had the same thought recently with Everette Brown.

Why not at least bring him in for a tryout?

However, I'm very happy with the actions of this front office.