The Beauty of Pressure !!

T master

Two years ago our beloved Bills were second in the league in interceptions & Byrd had a pro bowl year in his rookie season in interceptions . One short year later the Bills D sucked in that category & we along with the coaching staff (i would imagine) wondered WHY ??? :wallbash:

Well here it is just a year removed from that awful 4 & 12 season & our beloved Bills are back on top as far as one of the league leaders in interceptions . Any where you go to listen to interviews the interviewer asks why ?

Well 2 years ago we had Kyle Williams , Arron Schobel & contrary to what fans thought Chris Kelsay to provide enough pass rush (or pressure) to make the opposing QB rush just enough to cause those throws to be early to where we had a chance to pick them off . We let Schobel go & our pass rush or just our pressure up front became more controllable & we got less picks because of it . Hence the lack of interceptions in the 2010 season .

This year we introduce more up front pressure ala Dareus - Kelsay & Williams still being their selves along with others, not really sacks per say & our picks go up . There is a part of me that would love to see just what it might be like if Schobel was still on this D because he still had some in the tank - plus i would have liked to see him get a winning season under his belt for all he gave to the Bills , but THAT AIN'T HAPPENING !!!!

So back to my post !!! :doh: :doh:

Add to it the realization of just how much better of a safety George "The Word" Wilson is than Donte Whitner & that just made our D step up that much more!!

( :blink: I wonder what Whitner , Simpson , McCargo all think of the Bills D now with them being OUT OF HERE :nana: )

Any way i don't think it's really that hard to figure out ( PRESSURE EQUAL INTERCEPTIONS :doh:) but the Media always asks the same question & these guys are suppose to be the pro's at watching these games & figuring out what's going on ??? GO BILLS !!!

Just for S & G who else out there thinks Prime Time is a Jack Ass other than me :w00t: ?? Man he sucks !!!! :nana:

Edited by T master

Dude, this what I've been saying since game two. It occured to me that it might just be the plan all along that pressure, NOT sacks is the game plan. Cutting off the opposing QB's "favorite" throwing lanes, and getting hands in the face of the QB. Unadulterated blitzing has been shown to be suspect MANY, AMNY times with teams getting burned by the run, or screens. Our D-Line has done well, and I see them getting better, not worse.

Your analysis is on par with mine, and why I think we are better than most people think up front.

Tim-

Dude, this what I've been saying since game two. It occured to me that it might just be the plan all along that pressure, NOT sacks is the game plan. Cutting off the opposing QB's "favorite" throwing lanes, and getting hands in the face of the QB. Unadulterated blitzing has been shown to be suspect MANY, AMNY times with teams getting burned by the run, or screens. Our D-Line has done well, and I see them getting better, not worse.

Your analysis is on par with mine, and why I think we are better than most people think up front.

Tim-

I don't get the people bashing the defense. Any longtime football watcher can feel the living pulse and momentum of a game. Other than early in the New England game, the Bills have never had me running scared on that front. Even the Oakland game they had some good coverage and Oakland just made plays. Cincy they let up a little but the team really did get jobbed on all those calls. Last year you felt teams would go through at will. This year, you guys are correct...it is actual gameplanning that has shaped most of the defensive flow.

The biggest problem so far has been the injuries. The ENTIRE front line is dinged right now in one form or another. The bye is coming at a great time since most of them will refresh having 14 days between games.

It's just a well-coached, hard working team.