Football Outsiders week 5

flutie2000

I kind of thought they were different than the mainstream media. But they're still fooled by the Eagles, and indifferent about the Bills.

I got the impression while reading their Audibles at the Line that most of them feel that the Eagles lost this game, not that the Bills won it.

By their own metrics, even after losing to the lowly Bengals, the Bills were rated #1! The Eagles were only ranked 24th.

Don't they believe their own system?

95% of the chat was centered on the Eagles, with about three lines devoted to the Bills, but here's a nice one regarding turnovers:

...The Bills are looking so far like the '09 Saints.

I kind of thought they were different than the mainstream media. But they're still fooled by the Eagles, and indifferent about the Bills.

I got the impression while reading their Audibles at the Line that most of them feel that the Eagles lost this game, not that the Bills won it.

By their own metrics, even after losing to the lowly Bengals, the Bills were rated #1! The Eagles were only ranked 24th.

Don't they believe their own system?

95% of the chat was centered on the Eagles, with about three lines devoted to the Bills, but here's a nice one regarding turnovers:

It's because before the season they likely were raving about the Eagles, and laughing at the Bills. Now they are trying to tear Philly down as incompetent instead of questioning their own lack of insight going into this season.

Very few of the "experts" have been paying attention to the Bills for many seasons now, so they don't really have a grasp of how they have improved. The Bills lineup is almost completely different that just a few seasons ago. They are only now BEGINNING to draw enough attention that "experts" can start to assess them. These are the kind of guys that every year talk about how "talented" the Cowboys are even though they never win many games.