The Bills' method of winning is unsustainable.

Orton's Arm

I respect you for manning up. Not everyone has the self-confidence or integrity to admit being wrong.

I agree it's more fun (and probably healthier) to celebrate the good things as opposed to dwelling on the negative. Unfortunately, Bills fans have had very little reason for legitimate hope over this past decade, which means our hopes have generally been false ones.

I've read a little about American soldiers taken prisoner and tortured during the Vietnam War. Not that being a Bills fan is exactly the same as this, but . . . :(

To continue, the article stated that prisoners who indulged in false hopes--"we're sure to be home by Christmas"--were generally the first ones to break down. The ones who made it through were those who believed that they would be set free eventually, but had no idea when "eventually" might be, or how much they'd have to endure in the meantime. Long-term optimism plus short-term realism is probably the best combination for any endeavor--including being a fan of this team!

@BuffOrange: I haven't started an I-told-you-so thread. Bills fans have suffered enough already without me adding a thread like that!

Thanks for not starting a I Told You So thread. The POW analysis seems accurate. I would add that the prisoners who also became completely pessimistic about their chances of release were also probably one of the quickest to break down.

Speaking of POWs, us Bills fans seem to be collective victims of Chinese water torture. I'd rather get it all over with in one violent water-boarding swoop--an 0-16 season followed by a playoff--than endure 12 years of maddening 7-9 drips. :sick:

Edited by JustinAtlanta

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic