Mularkey press conf

4everBills

I have watched the taped games and have re-watched with TIVO. I was somewhat optimistic with McNally and Villarial coming in, but to me the line does not look any different from last year.

I think that we have some servicable players on the oline, but as a whole, it is not a good group. With L Smith and Teague in the middle, playing right next to each other, I think that the line will struggle again this year.

Teague may have improved, but it shouldn't be too hard to improve from last year when he couldn't even shotgurn a snap.

I would love to be wrong, but I just watch other teams and it just seems like our oline is is much more inferior.

Some things will help. I think Drew looks like he is moving around better in the pocket and they are running quicker plays, but I think the oline still looked really bad vs. the colts. No holes and the D-line seemed to be in the backfield way too much.

I don't know how to break this to you but Teague has played exceptionally well this preseason.  You need to go back and look at the tape!

12448[/snapback]

Not only that, but the guy is tough. He's the only starting lineman who has played every snap in practice and in preseason.

I don't know why this guy gets so dumped on all of the time. No doubt, he is not as physically stout as most centers, but he actually gave up very few sacks last year, had very few penalties, and even though people like to make blanket statments like "he can't shotgun snap," he hasn't muffed that many. Most centers will muff a snap now and then.

Most of all, I love this guy's blue collar attitude. Notwithstanding his $2 Million bonus he got this season, the guy is playing for an average salary of only $2.5 Million over four years. Villarial is making more than that at RG. He came in wanting to play tackle, and got moved to center. Although he complained at a little at first, he has generally shut his mouth and worked his ass off.

He's done everything the Bills have asked of him. As a fan, I have to tip my cap to him.