Watching replay I noticed...

No, I'm serious. If someone here is good with media it wouldn't take much time to do and if there really were quite a few blantent calls being missed every week, it would not be that dificult to draw attention to it.

Edited by tonyd19

I disagree with your view, I think Chan could have used a timeout with 8 or 9 seconds left and saved enough time for a kickoff, odds are against anything happening but at least it's a chance.

I agree...particularly when he tried to call a timeout at the end of the first half, to make the Bengals punt, hopefully, giving the Bills a chance at a Punt return for a TD. Of course, in that case, it was actually 1st down, not 4th (Chan said an official indicated it was 4th down, but another said it was 1st, he wouldn't have called the TO on a 1st down). Not a big deal, ultimately, but with all the decent return men, and hybrid players the Bills have, you would think (hope) that they have some sort of play that they practice for these type of situations...longshot or not.

Remember the Titans "homerun throwback"? Of course you do, if you are a Bills fan, older than 10. I remember Wychek saying that they had practiced that play a few times, every week, for 2 or 3 seasons...just waiting for the time to use it...BINGO! Right time, right place...

btw- Chan not calling a TO at the end doesn't make me think he doesn't know what he is doing, just found it curious. He is normally pretty agressive...why ditch your last possibility of winning a game? What is the fear, you lose by 7, instead of 3?

Edited by Buftex

I agree...particularly when he tried to call a timeout at the end of the first half, to make the Bengals punt, hopefully, giving the Bills a chance at a Punt return for a TD. Of course, in that case, it was actually 1st down, not 4th (Chan said an official indicated it was 4th down, but another said it was 1st, he wouldn't have called the TO on a 1st down). Not a big deal, ultimately, but with all the decent return men, and hybrid players the Bills have, you would think (hope) that they have some sort of play that they practice for these type of situations...longshot or not.

Remember the Titans "homerun throwback"? Of course you do, if you are a Bills fan, older than 10. I remember Wychek saying that they had practiced that play a few times, every week, for 2 or 3 seasons...just waiting for the time to use it...BINGO! Right time, right place...

btw- Chan not calling a TO at the end doesn't make me think he doesn't know what he is doing, just found it curious. He is normally pretty agressive...why ditch your last possibility of winning a game? What is the fear, you lose by 7, instead of 3?

Again, the Bengals kicked on 1st down. Calling timeouts would not have gotten the ball back. Forcing them to run 1 or 2 more plays probably would have given the Bengals a chip shot FG or even a TD with the way our run D was playing.