Fitzy's the difference...but these guys can play

JoeF

I know this has been discussed so many times...but after experiencing the game of a lifetime live, I wanted to add to the elation with a new thread.

- Fitzy doesn't have the strongest arm, while he is sneaky fast he is not fleet a foot, he is not an Adonis physically -- but he has two things that make him not just good but a top 10 QB.

1) There a lot of QBs in the league who are considered great (Cutler, Vick, Romo) who are see and throw QBs -- Fitzy is a read and throw. He trusts these young receivers to read the same thing he is reading and to get to the spot. There was a NE Blitz in the third quarter where Fitzy threw to a spot about 20 yards downfield on the sideline to Jones about two strides before Jones made his break...Jones made the break--the ball was a little high so no catch--but it was classic read, intelligent QB--the kind of QBing you only get with intense knowledge of a system, film study of the opponent and being totally in synch with your WRs. All these guys Stevie, Chandler, Nelson, Jones--have wonderful football smarts -- they are in synch with their QB -- they will play their ass off for him because they know if they work hard in the film room and on the field -- they will have the chance to make plays.

2) Fitzy plays with passion--the girly scream aside -- he is focused on getting the most of every play and when it doesn't work -- he makes a tackle on an INT or when he is not directly involved -- he will throw a block on a Smith run.

- Overall this team is built on smart players -- players who can study film--see trends--adapt on the fly on both sides of the ball. Jarius Byrd is a great example. He has made so many plays this year by recognizing formations and being in the right place to make a tackle that saves a huge play. Erik Pears gets great leverage on speed rushers and bull rushers because he studies and positions himself well...George Wilson learns how to gain inside position by studying.. It seemed like the "ball bounced our way" a few times more on Sunday--particularly on Scott's and Florence's interceptions--but I believe that those bounces are due to hard work Wednesday through Friday and not just luck. This is a smart football team who gets the most from under-publicized athletic ability.

Nix, Whaley, Gailey are getting this right--a 4.3 40 doesn't mean much if you can't be in the right place at the right time--give me a 4.5 who works hard and is smart....if we keep on this path--we might have some fun in our future....

Sorry for the diatribe but still on a high from Sunday about 4:20 PM..