Bob Matthews (Rochester D&C writer)

Rayzer32

Listened to this bag of stevestojan on the way home tonight, why I don't know. He was pleading for the Bills to trade a 5th rd pick to the Chargers for Doug Floozie. Not only do I think that its a bad move to bring Flutecake back, but why in the hell would you trade away a draft pick when there were going to be numerous FA QBs on the market.

To make things worse, the turd burglar says the Bills have just gone from a 9-7, 10-6 team at best, to a probably not going to match last years 6-10 record team. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Is it me, or does this guy need to be taken out back to the woodshed and have an old fashioned ass-whoopin? Maybe he should apply for work at WGR.

To make things worse, the turd burglar says the Bills have just gone from a 9-7, 10-6 team at best, to a probably not going to match last years 6-10 record team.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Hold on a second. Is he saying that the Bills went to a 6-10 because of the loss of Brown? Or because Milloy might miss at most a couple games? Amazing.

Listened to this bag of stevestojan on the way home tonight, why I don't know.  He was pleading for the Bills to trade a 5th rd pick to the Chargers for Doug Floozie.  Not only do I think that its a bad move to bring Flutecake back, but why in the hell would you trade away a draft pick when there were going to be numerous FA QBs on the market.

To make things worse, the turd burglar says the Bills have just gone from a 9-7, 10-6 team at best, to a probably not going to match last years 6-10 record team.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: 

Is it me, or does this guy need to be taken out back to the woodshed and have an old fashioned ass-whoopin?  Maybe he should apply for work at WGR.

12359[/snapback]

Why? Because his opinion doesn't match yours? Matthews always gives his opinion and will take it like a man both on the radio and in print when he gets it wrong.

Why?  Because his opinion doesn't match yours?  Matthews always gives his opinion and will take it like a man both on the radio and in print when he gets it wrong.

12364[/snapback]

He does not give anyone the chance to get their points across if he thinks they are proving him wrong. Always cutting people off before they are done. He cannot take criticism very well, and for the line of work he is in, he should realize he is going to get blasted. He is far from a Pitoniak or Roth. The same 10 callers call him every show. The only thing good about his show is listening to him argue with Smerlas.

He does not give anyone the chance to get their points across if he thinks they are proving him wrong.  Always cutting people off before they are done.  He cannot take criticism very well, and for the line of work he is in, he should realize he is going to get blasted.  He is far from a Pitoniak or Roth.  The same 10 callers call him every show.  The only thing good about his show is listening to him argue with Smerlas.

12367[/snapback]

He regularly puts anti-points in his column - which I've been reading for over 20 years. That's something Jerry Sullivan doesn't do (at least that I've seen).

Whether I agree with him or not his points can be backed up with merit, rather than just being tossed out for sensationalism. Given the caliber of morons who post here, I can hardly fault the guy for cutting them off on the radio.

He regularly puts anti-points in his column - which I've been reading for over 20 years.  That's something Jerry Sullivan doesn't do (at least that I've seen). 

Whether I agree with him or not his points can be backed up with merit, rather than just being tossed out for sensationalism.  Given the caliber of morons who post here, I can hardly fault the guy for cutting them off on the radio.

12372[/snapback]

Of course he puts anti-points in his columns, that way he does not have to argue and get embarrassed by anyone. I have been reading him for close to 30 years and have never taken a liking to the guy. He points out the negative far more than the positive, especially with the Bills.

I have never read Sullivan or know much about him, except that he seems to have no fans here. I just know Matthews has alot more detractors than fans in the Roch area.

Listened to this bag of stevestojan on the way home tonight, why I don't know.  He was pleading for the Bills to trade a 5th rd pick to the Chargers for Doug Floozie.  Not only do I think that its a bad move to bring Flutecake back, but why in the hell would you trade away a draft pick when there were going to be numerous FA QBs on the market.

Is it me, or does this guy need to be taken out back to the woodshed and have an old fashioned ass-whoopin?  Maybe he should apply for work at WGR.

12359[/snapback]

It's you. You must really have it in for Mattew's.

I also listened to Matthew's tonight and you heard a very different show than I did.

He spent all of 20 seconds talking about Flutie for a 5th round draft choice. Hardly pleading. He did say he would trade a 5th rounder for flutie.

His prediction for the bill's record was based on their play so far and nothing to do with the Brown injury. Let's admit it, this team does look more like 6-10 or less than it looks like 10-6.

Matthews does let different opinions on his show. he may not agree with them, but he does let people state them. In fact there was one on tonight.

In fact there was one on tonight.

12405[/snapback]

One, wow stop the presses. Old Bob must be getting soft in his old age.

Like I said, I listened on the way home from work, which is not a very long ride. Therefore I only heard so much, but what I heard was enough to annoy any true Bills fan. He always seems to dwell on the negative.

He made it sound like the Bills could be 10-6 if Flutie was here. He needs to get over Flutie just like alot of people on this board. He is gone and is never coming back...at least I hope so.

One, wow stop the presses.  Old Bob must be getting soft in his old age.

Like I said, I listened on the way home from work, which is not a very long ride.  Therefore I only heard so much, but what I heard was enough to annoy any true Bills fan.  He always seems to dwell on the negative. 

He made it sound like the Bills could be 10-6 if Flutie was here.  He needs to get over Flutie just like alot of people on this board.  He is gone and is never coming back...at least I hope so.

12412[/snapback]

didn't flutie sign an outrageous deal with the Chargers. Something like 3-4 million a year? How could we afford the salary let alone the pick for Flutie?

12359[/snapback]

I would love to lock him, Sullivan and T Spikes all together in the woodshed. Last man standing wins. :angry:

Hold on a second.  Is he saying that the Bills went to a 6-10 because of the loss of Brown?  Or because Milloy might miss at most a couple games?  Amazing.

12363[/snapback]

I don't think they will do better than 6-10 because I don't see many improvements,

you have a new coaching staff with the same QB and the defense made it through

last year with few injuries. This may not happen again.

Guest Guesteroo
I don't think they will do better than 6-10 because I don't see many improvements,

you have a new coaching staff with the same QB and the defense made it through

last year with few injuries.  This may not happen again.

13273[/snapback]

Let's call a spade a spade folks. This team is 6-10 or 5-11 type awful. Those Bledsoe backers have been very quiet lately. There is simply no way to rationally defend him at this point. Those who are, clearly are speaking from their heart instead of their head. The entire offense is a joke. It's going to average about 15 points a game (240 for the season). For the life of me, I cannot believe what Bledsoe looks like (mirror image of last year's disaster). They should have replaced him with any veteran they could get. (Testaverde?) He is simply done. I don't believe that I've ever seen a more stagnant offense.

The special teams are well below average. You can bet that Lindell WILL cost them a close game or two. The defense is going to have a tremendous amount of pressure on it, and will be on the field a ton. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back themselves. And just to put the cherry on top of this optimism, our top 10 first rounder next year belongs to Dallas!

Let's call a spade a spade folks. This team is 6-10 or 5-11 type awful. Those Bledsoe backers have been very quiet lately. There is simply no way to rationally defend him at this point. Those who are, clearly are speaking from their heart instead of their head. The entire offense is a joke. It's going to average about 15 points a game (240 for the season). For the life of me, I cannot believe what Bledsoe looks like (mirror image of last year's disaster). They should have replaced him with any veteran they could get. (Testaverde?) He is simply done. I don't believe that I've ever seen a more stagnant offense.

The special teams are well below average. You can bet that Lindell WILL cost them a close game or two. The defense is going to have a tremendous amount of pressure on it, and will be on the field a ton. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back themselves. And just to put the cherry on top of this optimism, our top 10 first rounder next year belongs to Dallas!

13457[/snapback]

Yes, yes, yes. I really love the way you pretend to be a Bills fan. This is just one of the many characteristics we look for in a member of our clan. I particularly love the way you speak as though you actually have been watching the preseason games, and yet anyone who HAS watched the games clearly knows your post makes no sense at all.

With such a terrific knack for creating gloom and doom with no chance for optimism at all, it's a wonder you haven't joined our camp. Soon, so soon, Foxboro Mike will be our leader and I hope he will personally extend you an invitation to join us.

Just remember...our job is to piss of Bills fans and get them as upset as possible, but once our team starts to lose, we have to disappear faster than an original thought from John Kerry.

We had one of the top coverage units in the league last year. So what has changed ot all of a sudden make it below average, besdies one bad game? Yes they were bad Saturday, but I don't see any other reason t obelieve it will continue. Lindell seems to be kicking better than last year including longer on kick offs.

There were many people last year who were claiming the Bills should have moved up in draft to get one of the "big three" QB's that would have been a top 10 pick. What's wrong with using a top 10 pick on Losman? And you get to bring him in a year early.

13457[/snapback]

I think Matthews allows more decending opinions than most call in shows. Not that I necessarily agree with him always, but he allows many varied opinions to be given.

Yes, yes, yes. I really love the way you pretend to be a Bills fan. This is just one of the many characteristics we look for in a member of our clan. I particularly love the way you speak as though you actually have been watching the preseason games, and yet anyone who HAS watched the games clearly knows your post makes no sense at all.

With such a terrific knack for creating gloom and doom with no chance for optimism at all, it's a wonder you haven't joined our camp. Soon, so soon, Foxboro Mike will be our leader and I hope he will personally extend you an invitation to join us.

Just remember...our job is to piss of Bills fans and get them as upset as possible, but once our team starts to lose, we have to disappear faster than an original thought from John Kerry.

13567[/snapback]

Okay, so It is not optimistic. But. . . all I wrote is unfortunately true.