end of the ncaa?

birdog1960

i say "tomatoe" you say "tomahtoe"....you say stop catering for the benefit of the true student athletes, i say stop exploiting for the benefit of the elite "student athletes". we could both be right and the solution would be dismantling big money college sports and continuing small money club sports.

I think the system is ok, with the real problem being that NCAA officials are disingenuous ad unaccountable - especially in football when money gets involved. The duty of responsibility ultimately falls on 18 year olds with no long term ties and little to no real consequence.... Start long term bans for coaches that get caught not reporting ala Tressel and likewise for the NCAA officials and ADs in the same spot.... See how quick things start cleaning up. Not a perfect answer but I think its the real first step. I don't like the idea of cutting programs to pay prior because he can't resist neck tattoos. There are good rules in place, if teams would follow them. This is supposed to be an extracurricular for students not a career that happens to come with classes. Literally thousands of baseball, hockey, lacrosse, golf, tennis, track etc.... Participants make it through without pay. Where is the outrage?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic