With Roscoe Done For Year

Bills fans don't realize how deadly Brad Smith is in the return game. It's too bad about the new kickoff rule. It severely handicaps his ability on kickoffs.

To be honest, I would rather have seen Smith over Roscoe as the punt returner at the start of the year . Roscoe always made me nervous with his ball handling anyways.

IMO Brad Smith is the choice to go from here and IMO I think would be an improvement over Parrish.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Interesting, I hope he gets the chance to show us what he can do -- and you're right about the kickoff rule, it has basically castrated all good return men. There is no reason to kick it to top returners, kick it threw the end zone and take your chances with them starting at the 20.

While Brad Smith has returned about 75 kickoffs in his NFL career, he has only returned 2 punts.

Punt returns are a different skill set than kickoff returns… and there's only a few players who excel at both.

In other words, Smith has no proven track record as a punt returner.

Leodis McKelvin on the other hand had 8 punt return TDs in his college career (and only 1 kickoff return TD).

CJ Spiller had 53 punt returns while at Clemson for a 10.7 yard average (excellent) and 1 TD.

D'Norris Searcy has returned punts in his career as has Justin Rogers.

I think at best, Smith would be our 3rd best option as a punt returner.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan