X-Box Live help!!!!!!!!!!

IBTG81

You can play with two people just not in certain situations. If you are playing a ranked game on Halo 2 (quick match or optimatch) you and your friend have to have two seperate online accounts. You can however create your own game (create party) and invite your online friends or you can join one of your online "friends" custom games and play two players on the same X-box with the same x-box live account (these are unranked games). Your friend will just show up as your guest. The best thing to do is send everyone you play with a friend request and accumulate as many friends as possible so you can always find a game to play. It's pretty stupid that you can't just join random games and that you have to send friend request to everyone but that is just the way it is. Good luck and if you still can't figure it out feal free to post any questions.

Thats actually not true, all the games under optimatch are ranked, you need to play custom games (unranked) but you need some people on your friends list to do so. If you have to seperate x-box live accounts you can play ranked games (optimatch and quickmatch) at the same time; if you only have one x-box live account you can only play custom games (unranked).

If we get two separate Live accounts, but the same X-box, can we play on the same screen?

170270[/snapback]

no. you need two seperate x box's to play together including two seperate tvs. But, you can share the same internet connection.

HALO and HALO2 are the best alien-shooter games on the planet.

170723[/snapback]

I agree Halo the best alien-shooter but Socom is the best online shooter out right now.....

Someone asked bout GR2....I've heard good things bout it....but to me it probably isnt half the game Socom is, so im not going to buy it....

mile high is wrong. you don't need two x-box's or two accounts, just do what I told you above. I used to play with my roomate all the time on the same account as a guest and now I have my own account so I can play ranked games at the same time, but you can always play custom games as a guest of someone from the same console. Socom doesn't hold a candle to Halo 2