Why are so many down about the Bills?

Right now it seems the majority of Bills fans (to a point myself included) are bumming about the upcoming season, thinking about 6-10 or even worse and all the wheels falling off with this team. Remember last year, we make nice moves on defense, come out and beat the eventual SB champs, beat Jacksonville and it felt like the early 90's all over again, but then at the end of the season when we were beat down by New England it them felt like 1985???

Here is the point, after last year, should we really get too up or down about this team? Based on last year, who knows, maybe its good karma that things seem worse so far then they did last preseason at this point. My feeling now after thinking about it: Why bother getting too high or too low anymore in late August about this team or any team. Look at the Pats last year, lose the 1st game 31-0, did it matter? Eagles lok AWFUL and are 0-2? All this years the Fish look great in September, where does it get them?

Does anyone feel the same way I do?

I agree with that. I think teams that stumble a little bit out of the gate or face serious adversity early in the season are more successful later on because they know how to deal with it.

The key, though, is how you deal with it. If we come out 0-2, that's not the end of the world. But if we're 0-2 and the team doesn't believe in themselves, then we're billsfanone.

Right now it seems the majority of Bills fans (to a point myself included) are bumming about the upcoming season, thinking about 6-10 or even worse and all the wheels falling off with this team.  Remember last year, we make nice moves on defense, come out and beat the eventual SB champs, beat Jacksonville and it felt like the early 90's all over again, but then at the end of the season when we were beat down by New England it them felt like 1985???

Here is the point, after last year, should we really get too up or down about this team?  Based on last year, who knows, maybe its good karma that things seem worse so far then they did last preseason at this point.  My feeling now after thinking about it: Why bother getting too high or too low anymore in late August about this team or any team.  Look at the Pats last year, lose the 1st game 31-0, did it matter?  Eagles lok AWFUL and are 0-2?  All this years the Fish look great in September, where does it get them?

Does anyone feel the same way I do?

12232[/snapback]

This is far too logical for this board. I suggest you get that crap out of here in a hurry.

If people didn't get too emotionally high or low before the season started, then there might not be as strong of a market for prescription mood stabilizers. I'd be careful or some of the big pharmaceutical companies will be on your ass faster than Drew gets sacked.