My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

Excellent review as always. The only thing I can say in Carrington's defense is if the let him play the position they drafted him for, perhaps these type of mistakes wouldn't happen. Did he have more reps at rusholb or his natural position de?

I only saw him in at DE.

Whatever happened to Fake Fat Sunny? I can only imagine that he started responding to a post in 2009 and hasn't finished yet.

I R still here as a reversal of the name of where the buck truly stops.

However, I like most fans (I suspect) have had feelings renewed which I had begun to forget how good they felt.

The game was so fantastic to see us win going away that I have no prob at all ignoring the case that the game was so uncompetitive as to make the entertainment simply be enjoyimg the Bills efficient demolition of the Chiefs.

Heck, I am even happy to give Pears props for being so with it mentally that he could even miss three correct blocking attemots on one play (we still need to upgrade the position because he missed but it really is impressive that he had the right idea but poorly executed three times in one play.

Rich- a fantastic job of analysis with incrediby helpful sites of clock times. It reduces my missing of Lori down to merely missing her hearfelt love but the substance is not missed as you are providing a welcome dose!

I owe deep apo;ogies to Chandler as I had advocated simply St. Louis Ramming the TE position and go more with Roscoe in the slot. This move would have been disastrous as it is clear that the OL needs TE help quite often, but it would have cost us the game as Gailey correctly diagmosed and Chandler executed grandly the Chiefs' TE vulknerability.

I have no complaints about the game (I will leave that to the idiots at WGR) but I do have some suggestions of improvements I hope to see (and also some apologies from this fan for not believing hard enough.

OL- Tremendous production! I am overjoyed that I appear to have been wrong that this team was a player and a half short of even mere OL adequacy. The Bills coaches did a great job of getting huge performance out this unit which more than did enough to allow Fred Jackson's running excellence and Fitzy's solid enough and quick decision making on the pass game shine.

I srill have quesstions about the simple quality of play of many of our OL stalwarts, but give great credit as credit is due to the OL position coaches and to the players themselves for demonstrating effective chemistry in game one. its way to early for this fan to declare victory (one case is merely and incident, two cases may in fact only be a coincidence, and you need to see the same thing happen at least three times to reasonably declare it a trend.

There are miles to go, but still one MUST be productive one time in order for you to have any possibility of being productive two times.

The effective work was a combination of factors including Firzy's solid and quick decision-making (his physical limitations still exist but what football is all about Charlie Brown if players overcoming their individual physical limitations from Fluties height (or lack thereof ) to Montana's less than physically imposing stature to still achieve great results), Jackson's dogged and tough running, the OL chemistry and most of all in my mind, great playcalling and set-up by Gailey (who once again showed he has forgotten more than most of us armchair fans know about offense.

Scoring over 40 on the road against a team which made the playoffs last year is simply scoring over 40 on the road against a team which made the playoffs last year.

TE- Again props and my abject apologies to Chandler. That being said, my suspicion is that the great use of the TE in this game was due to the Chiefs having a specific flaw in their D coverage which Gailey saw that they singled the TE or even left an opening that the smart TE and O could exploit to leave the TE uncovered in the redzone.

I suspect that the Raiders and future opponents will skew their coverage to account for Chandler but this will create an opportunity for Jackson/Spiller to be utilized in the passing game more OR for the WRs to face more single coverage and they and Fitzy will be called upon to step up.

Opponent TEs- I count us fortunate that the Chiefs stud TE was out with an injury and that Pope and their back-ups were simply not good enough to exploit a TE coverage problem we had. In the actual game a limited talent like Pope was able to burn us a couple of times on what fortumately turned out to be short passes early on and later the Chiefs had a TD taken away from them by the camera review when their back-up backk-up TE could not hold onto the ball.

What was the problem we had with the gap we had in TE coverage which fortunately KC was not able to exploit because they had a TE drop a pass originallt ruled a TD?

My sense is that this game tells us little beyond the need for every player to keep improving their game.

I am psyched.