Upset watch week 2

Ramius

Well, fresh off my correct prediction of Baylor over TCU (a real upset pick, not a faux upset like USF over the highly overrated irish), Ive got a few more coming.

Arizona St. over #21 Mizzou: State had some top defenders and are better than theyre given credit for. Theyre a real threat to win the Pac-12 south, and Mizzou needs to find its identity after losing QB Blaine Gabbert to the NFL.

BYU over #24 Texas: I know, this only vaguely qualifies as an upset, but BYU should have pounded Ole Miss last week. They correct their mistakes this week. Texas isnt the Texas of old, and simply put, I think BYU is the better team of these 2.

UGA over #12 South Carolina: the other USC didnt impress me last week in their win over ECU. And this is the type of game where you know UGA will somehow find a way to win. They looked uninterested against Boise last week, and will not be a very good team most of the season, but you get the feeling that theyre going to be pumped for this one and pull off the upset. Plus, the game is in Athens, one of the biggest partying towns, and we all know how fond of the alcohol SC QB Stephen Garcia is. (5 suspensions during his time at SC) A hung over Garcia gets picked 4 times in a loss.

Week 1 wins: Baylor over #14 TCU

Season record: 1/3

Edited by Ramius

Arizona State is not an upset. They are giving Mizzou 7.5 points tonight. Also last week South Florida was getting 11 points from Notre Dame while Baylor was only getting 4 points at kickoff so according to the boys in Vegas that handicapp for a living I would have to say South Florida was the bigger upset.

As far as your picks this week, not sure. BYU could not put a bad Ole Miss team away. Not sure how good Texas is though. I could see that one going either way. I will be very surprised to see Georgia to beat South Carolina though. I think this maybe the Ole Ball Coach's best team he has had @ USC.

For some reason I kind of like Western Kentucky to beat Navy this week or to at least cover. They are getting 11, they play good defense & they are playing at home. Navy is a little overrated this year & not nearly as good as the team they had last year.

A Mild upset I like is Wake Forest over NC State. They are home dogs getting 2.5. I like Wake's passing offense against NC States porous secondary. Should be another good Saturday of CF.

Arizona State is not an upset. They are giving Mizzou 7.5 points tonight. Also last week South Florida was getting 11 points from Notre Dame while Baylor was only getting 4 points at kickoff so according to the boys in Vegas that handicapp for a living I would have to say South Florida was the bigger upset.

As far as your picks this week, not sure. BYU could not put a bad Ole Miss team away. Not sure how good Texas is though. I could see that one going either way. I will be very surprised to see Georgia to beat South Carolina though. I think this maybe the Ole Ball Coach's best team he has had @ USC.

For some reason I kind of like Western Kentucky to beat Navy this week or to at least cover. They are getting 11, they play good defense & they are playing at home. Navy is a little overrated this year & not nearly as good as the team they had last year.

A Mild upset I like is Wake Forest over NC State. They are home dogs getting 2.5. I like Wake's passing offense against NC States porous secondary. Should be another good Saturday of CF.

I'm not playing the spread. Those are my 3 upset picks to straight out win. I don't look at the lines or odds or anything.

UGA over #12 South Carolina: the “other” USC didn’t impress me last week in their win over ECU. And this is the type of game where you know UGA will somehow find a way to win. They looked uninterested against Boise last week, and will not be a very good team most of the season, but you get the feeling that they’re going to be pumped for this one and pull off the upset. Plus, the game is in Athens, one of the biggest partying towns, and we all know how fond of the alcohol SC QB Stephen Garcia is. (5 suspensions during his time at SC) A hung over Garcia gets picked 4 times in a loss.

After how UGA let me down against Boise St (I waited seven months for THAT???), I hope the cocks come out and slap them silly between the hedges. I feel bad, cause Mark Richt is one of the good guys in football, but his teams need to show more life soon or he's going to be the one to pay for it. I'm assuming Spurrier will start Garcia, although Shaw's slow start last week wasn't entirely his fault. Will be interested to see if he gives Shaw another start this week or stays with the tequila warrior.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.