Pretty fair Bills assessment by ESPN

truth on hold

http://vod.espn.go.com/motion/2011/0829/NFLive_AFCEast_Pvw.mp4

Don't agree that it's a toss up btw jets and pats for division. Think pats have addressed their weaknesses on both sides of ball. jets' running game will deteriorate and i dont think sancheese can pick up the slack. I see pats clear division front runner. But their assessment of the Bills, although brief, was fair. Also have to love the hatefest on henne lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Don't agree that it's a toss up btw jets and pats for division. Think pats have addressed their weaknesses on both sides of ball. jets' running game will deteriorate and i dont think sancheese can pick up the slack. I see pats clear division front runner. But their assessment of the Bills, although brief, was fair. Also have to love the hatefest on henne lol

They do acknowledge that the Bills have made good progress to improve their defense. The question is can the offense be CONSISTENT and SCORE points....Two things that were missing last year. If the Bills cannot have better 3rd and 4th down conversions and keep the chains moving, it does not matter...

Also their assessment of the Pats with respect to their playoff run is also good. The Pats are yet to WIN a playoff game since 2007 and their last SB win was in 2005. That is a pretty telling statement in spite of the Pats having plenty of fireworks during the regular season.

Ever since Tim Graham left, I find myself visiting espn.com less and less often. Really seems like they just listen to what everyone else says about the bills and can't do their own research. Saying that however, I do think that the bills will not be close to a playoff spot this year, but the pieces are slowly falling into place.

I'd say they broke down the Bills better than most national pundits. I'm especially surprised that Hoge seemed to have actually studied this team's situation and didn't just spit out the same old company line. One thing that did annoy me and is a microcosm of ESPN's laziness & lack of attention to detail is the fact that they show the Bills' old, red helmet and not the current white one. That may be minor in most people's eyes but I think it's inexcusable. Just my two cents.

I'd say they broke down the Bills better than most national pundits. I'm especially surprised that Hoge seemed to have actually studied this team's situation and didn't just spit out the same old company line. One thing that did annoy me and is a microcosm of ESPN's laziness & lack of attention to detail is the fact that they show the Bills' old, red helmet and not the current white one. That may be minor in most people's eyes but I think it's inexcusable. Just my two cents.

For that you have to blame that stupid intern who did not do his/her research